My USB HID driver thinks my gamepad is a joystick

Thomas

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003

I recently bought a controller for my computer but I am
unable to use it because I can't push left/right or
up/down at the same time. The problem is that windows
says that the usb device is a joystick and not a
controller with 6 buttons. I have tried to change the
settings under the game controller control panel but
Windows will not let me change any settings of the
device. I want to change the game controller to have
different buttons so that I can play my game correctly.
How do I change the controller configurations to do this?

Did you install the software for the gampad BEFORE you connected it to the
PC?
--
Cari
www.coribright.com