Sign in with
Your question

External hard drive not seen or recognized

Last response: in Windows 7
February 21, 2012 12:26:41 AM

iomega ego 500 gb was working fine until today and now it won't recognize the drive at all. it recognizes the partitioned cd virtual drive in it, but not the larger storage drive. I plugged it into two different computers and it is recognized and i can drag and drop files. I also plugged in a usb flash drive into the same usb port and it works...so the usb drive works. I was told to assign the drive a letter in disk management, but it doesn't even show up there. any ideas???
February 21, 2012 12:42:24 AM

sounds like a basic glitch. did you try it in other usb ports on the main computer? and did you try restarting the computer?
m
l
February 21, 2012 7:23:42 PM

humphreybot said:
sounds like a basic glitch. did you try it in other usb ports on the main computer? and did you try restarting the computer?

I tried all the usb drives and no luck, yet my flash drive worked in all usb drives. Tried deleting the Iomega utility program in windows, then restarted the computer and replugged in the Iomega so it would reinstall and install the drivers. Still no luck. When going into the disk management, I found a listing for the OEM drive above the internal hard drive listing. Clicked to see the properties and it said this item wasn't working. clicked on fix it and the message said error code 22 and wasn't able to fix due to PnP issues.
m
l
Related resources
!