Will this graghics card fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M5I

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
Ok hey guys im new so sorry if i posted this in wrong section.
Ok so i have a slim line conputer its a El1852g-5w its an emachines.
i was looking and i wanted to know if a msi gt 440 could fit it?
And i know yall might look at newwegg and say it takes to much power well it really dosent.and btw my voltage is a 240. If any one can find me somthing good or says msi gt 440 can fit please tell me! And the card needs to atleast have directx11
thx :bounce:

Solution
15 minutes... You're quite the patient one, huh?

Seriously though, I wouldn't recommend using a GT 440 in that computer. Maybe a Radeon 7750 would be fine, but the GT 440 would use considerably more power than the Radeon 7750 despite being a much slower card (it is several years older, so it's to be expected). If you cant afford a 7770, then I wouldn't go past a Radeon 5570 or a GT 430.

The GT 440 doesn't use a lot of power, but having just looked up your computer, I can say that your PSU is almost definitely too weak even for a GT 440. Honestly, I'm not sure if it is wise of me to suggest the Radeon 7750, 5570, or GT 430 given how weak that PSU is. If possible, you should upgrade it, but slim PCs can have difficult to upgrade PSUs...
15 minutes... You're quite the patient one, huh?

Seriously though, I wouldn't recommend using a GT 440 in that computer. Maybe a Radeon 7750 would be fine, but the GT 440 would use considerably more power than the Radeon 7750 despite being a much slower card (it is several years older, so it's to be expected). If you cant afford a 7770, then I wouldn't go past a Radeon 5570 or a GT 430.

The GT 440 doesn't use a lot of power, but having just looked up your computer, I can say that your PSU is almost definitely too weak even for a GT 440. Honestly, I'm not sure if it is wise of me to suggest the Radeon 7750, 5570, or GT 430 given how weak that PSU is. If possible, you should upgrade it, but slim PCs can have difficult to upgrade PSUs, so that might not be feasible.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.