Graphic card is not compatible with my pc?

ginyen95

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
hi.. i don't know im in the right section or not.. so forgive me for my noob-ish and my bad english.. im not that good in pc stuff.. so yeah.

ok.. i bought a pc 5 month ago and sometimes my monitor wont turn on (orange light) when i boot up my pc.. and sometime my pc freeze when i open up apps such as window media player, google chrome , dota 2 and etc. . and also sometime when i was playing game or facebook-ing, my monitor automatic turn black and automatic boot up back and there's notification pop up on the screen say that your graphic card or kernal bla bla bla thing ( i not remember) had stop responding and successfully recovered ( i think it write about graphic thing kernal bla bla bla, then driver bla bla bla) sorry i really dont remember..
so i started to ask my friends oppinion.. some of them saying that is the motherboard not compatible with my gpu.. i also think that overheating is also one of the factor or maybe not because i switch off my pc for 8 hour and boot up back, the pc's monitor turn into orange but sometime i open up my desktop cover and blow it with my fan (not pc fan) and it wont freeze (sometime) 90% wont

so this is my pc spec( i dont know i did the right spec.. because i copy from dxdiag) sorry :/ ( i cant find anything about psu.. all i know that it's using coolermaster rs-500-pcar-50)
------------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120330-1504)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: H61M-D2P-B3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3320MB RAM
Page File: 2027MB used, 4609MB available

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220
Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Acer S201HL(Analog)
Monitor Model: Acer S201HL
Monitor Id: ACR01A5
Native Mode: 1600 x 900(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HD15

run hardware monitor to check your gpu and cpu temps.memtest86 will test your ram. prime95 will test your cpu. if the pc is self built chec kthat the cpu heat sink on right. with gpu make sure the gpu fan is working programs like msi afterburner try turning the fan speed up you should be able to hear the fan when you set it at max speed.

ginyen95

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
gpu temp --> rest mode 40C to 45C gaming mode 46C to 55C
cpu temp --> rest mode 39C (average of 4 core) gaming mode maybe 45C++ till 55C max
and what did u mean by cpu heat sink on the right? and my gpu fan speed is quite high( even louder than power supply's fan)