GPRS? and IP connection? using IPAQ 5550

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt,microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless (More info?)

I've read a lot of articles about GPRS and connecting to the internet using
my IPAQ 5550 and cell phone but no matter what I try I can't get it to work.
I've also followed Eric's advice and visited

You need to set it up the connection as a Bluetooth modem, here is a page to
get you headed in the right direction
(http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449)

but can't get it to work I'm using the ROGERS Network in Ontario SO,
1) how can I tell if my phone Ericsonn T637 is using or if I have GPRS?
2) Can I use my phone to just dial my local ISP provider and check my email?
3) Any other suggestions?
1 answer Last reply
More about gprs connection ipaq 5550
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt,microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless (More info?)

    "HotRod" <NOSPAM@youremail.com> wrote in message
    > I've read a lot of articles about GPRS and connecting to the internet
    > using my IPAQ 5550 and cell phone but no matter what I try I can't get it
    > to work. I've also followed Eric's advice and visited
    >
    > You need to set it up the connection as a Bluetooth modem, here is a page
    > get you headed in the right direction
    > (http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449)
    >
    > but can't get it to work I'm using the ROGERS Network in Ontario SO,
    > 1) how can I tell if my phone Ericsonn T637 is using or if I have GPRS?
    > 2) Can I use my phone to just dial my local ISP provider and check my
    > email?
    > 3) Any other suggestions?

    What error messages are you getting? Call Rogers and ask them if you have
    GPRS activated? Check the rates on their site!!

    Also, search howardforums.com for GPRS settings.

Rogers AT&T Microsoft Internet Service Providers