Block unwanted texts/calls

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
December 4, 2004 7:21:42 AM

Hi

I have a Nokia 9210 and am currently receiving unwanted texts/calls from a
'used to be friend' does anyone know of a way in which I can block their
number? I can't just change my sim (to get a new number) as I'm now on
contract not PAYG with O2.

Regards
Ian
December 4, 2004 6:28:58 PM

The only way I can think of, is to associate a empty / silent ringtone with
their number. Or put them in a caller group with a silent ring tone.

Not exactly a block, but it will stop some of the bother.

Sorry I could not be more help.

Mike

"Ironside" <Ironside@NYPD.com> wrote in message

> Hi

> I have a Nokia 9210 and am currently receiving unwanted texts/calls from a

> 'used to be friend' does anyone know of a way in which I can block their

> number? I can't just change my sim (to get a new number) as I'm now on

> contract not PAYG with O2.

> Regards

> Ian

"Ironside" <Ironside@NYPD.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have a Nokia 9210 and am currently receiving unwanted texts/calls from a
> 'used to be friend' does anyone know of a way in which I can block their
> number? I can't just change my sim (to get a new number) as I'm now on
> contract not PAYG with O2.
>
> Regards
> Ian

Anonymous
December 4, 2004 8:11:15 PM

My ancient Motorala C50 had such a feature (you could also bar certain
outgoing calls) but it seems to be something that's missing on the Nokia.

You could phone O2 and see if they can do anything.

pete

--
Cheap Train Tickets
http://www.the-pev.co.uk/trains/tickets/

"Ironside" <Ironside@NYPD.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have a Nokia 9210 and am currently receiving unwanted texts/calls from a
> 'used to be friend' does anyone know of a way in which I can block their
> number? I can't just change my sim (to get a new number) as I'm now on
> contract not PAYG with O2.
>
> Regards
> Ian

Anonymous
December 6, 2004 8:37:13 AM

Ironside wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a Nokia 9210 and am currently receiving unwanted texts/calls from a
> 'used to be friend' does anyone know of a way in which I can block their
> number? I can't just change my sim (to get a new number) as I'm now on
> contract not PAYG with O2.
>
> Regards
> Ian

Get a whistle and the next time the person rings blow it as hard as you
can into the phone, that usually gets the message across for them not to
ring!

73 de Simon, VK3XEM.
!