Budget Range: ~$2000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming , video editing

Are you buying a monitor: No

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Additional Comments:
This is my first time I build a pc. Im not sure if all the piece are compatible.

Cpu: Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz
$319.99

Gpu: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 680 or Radeon HD 7970
$504.99 - 499.99

Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth X79 or ASUS Maximus V EXTREME
$334.99 - 397.99

Psu: CORSAIR HX Series HX850
$179.99

Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB)
$75.99

Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100
$117.99

Case COOLER MASTER HAF X
$179.99

Hdd: Western Digital WD Black 1TB
$109.99

Optical Drive: ASUS 24X DVD Burner
$19.99

Total: $1843.91

Thanks.

Solution
Wow to much honestly give it a rest.I do not use it for that reason.I use it because it's an one stop shop to do a build.I been building rigs since 2007 i know what is good and what is garbage.I do not pick the parts by what is recommended by partpicker.I do not need to explain none of it to you.That's what i been trying to say your entitled to your opinion leave it at that.I told you already I don't buy $130 motherboards as i tend to find they skimp in areas or cut corners prime example:
The Z77 Extreme4 can be purchased for as little as $130. Taking a look at the current availability of Intel Z77 motherboards at popular retailers confirms that this motherboard is an absolute bargain and I would say – if you are on a tight budget then...
G

most noobs think they need a $300 motherboard, half that price can get you a hell of a motherboard. after that you are paying for 3-4way sli/xfire and things you will never use or understand

Here my suggestion

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($80.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V PRO ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($203.49 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($33.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($437.86 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF XM (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional 750W 80 PLUS Silver Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($124.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($133.99 @ Newegg)
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Wired Optical Mouse ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1718.24
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-12 04:29 EST-0500)

G

you pc parts picker people, its never about quality of the actual parts with you people. at least you chose a good graphics card

G

90% of the time i disagree with most of the parts that picked using pcpart picker. the motherboards in particular are way out of line, the typical user/gamer doesnt need a motherboard that costs more than $125, after that you get into wasted money/features you will never use territory. i mainly give advice on motherboards in the mother board section so i should know. also i never agree with power supply selection, they are never 80+ gold and when they are they completely over shoot wattage actually used and that adds to your power bill. the typical no sli/xfire user only needs around 450-500w max across all plat forms with modern graphics cards and processors. also the power supplies on parts selector are almost always twice the cost that they really should be and never top rated products

I am still confused the motherboard is better for overclocking and Asus is quality assurance imo.I don't buy $130 motherboards as i tend to find they skimp in areas or cut corners prime example:
The Z77 Extreme4 can be purchased for as little as $130. Taking a look at the current availability of Intel Z77 motherboards at popular retailers confirms that this motherboard is an absolute bargain and I would say – if you are on a tight budget then give this board some consideration, you should certainly consider it.

The only negative I have for this motherboard is that it slips outside of typical ATX specifications. It’s 3cm thinner than a standard ATX motherboard and as a result may lack secure mounting on the far side since this isn’t a common size, which also means you should be very careful when plugging in the 24-pin ATX motherboard power – as the motherboard may flex.That's not really a big deal to some for me it's the principle i don't want to pay money for something like that i rather pay twenty more dollars for a flawless board.As for the power supply i decided to go with 750W in case he wants to ever add another 670 in future he won't need to upgrade his power supply as well QUOTE Conclusions

"Corsair HX750W is an impressive power supply, being to this date one of the power supplies with the highest efficiency that we’ve tested to date, easily beating all other 750 W power supplies we’ve tested, including those also based on a DC-DC design on the secondary like Antec TruePower New.

Not only the DC-DC design proved to be superior, but Corsair/CWT decided to use only high-end components inside this unit, which features only Japanese capacitors and solid caps on the DC-DC converters in charge of the + 5 V and +3.3 V outputs.

We could also pull up to 910 W at 46º C from this unit, which is really impressive.

The number of cables available is perfect for a 750 W product (12 SATA power connectors, eight peripheral power connectors and four six/eight-pin video card power connectors), allowing you to build a very high-end system with two very high-end video cards (more video cards are supported if you use adapters to convert standard peripheral power plugs into video card power connectors).

The seven-year warranty – losing only to BFG’s lifetime warranty – is also another reason to pick this product over competitors.

Corsair HX750W is a very good choice for users looking for a 750 W power supply with one of the highest efficiencies around."

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Corsair-HX750W-Power-Supply-Review/775

nVidia itself recommend 500W for a single 670.
http://www.nvidia.in/object/geforce-gtx-670-in.html#pdpContent=2

For testing conducted for SLI 670, the resulting system consumption for SLI is 433W of which 293W are attributed to the gpu cards.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-670-2-and-3way-sli-review/4

Remember, if you are going to overclock the GPUs or processor, then we do recommend you purchase something with some more stamina. The minute you touch voltages on the CPU or GPUs, the power draw can rise real fast and extensively.

All points out to a 750W to be a solid choice.I understand all your points and can agree with them depending the situation.

G

the only thing that board adds over a $125 board is a run of the mill single band wifi card that isnt anything special and an extra internal usb 3.0 header and more usb ports than the typical or advanced user will ever use. how many people need 18 usb ports? like i said it gets into the wasted features area quite fast. it doesnt even have better support for graphics i.e. running dual graphics at x16/x8, so this is not an sli/xfire worthy board as it runs 2 at x16/o or x8/x8. i have to admit that asus has better usb 3.0 and sata performance with the stock intel chip sets compared to others but you will almost never see those returns in real life.

a bit more OC performance, more usb ports than you will ever need and mediocre wifi, does that justify $75 more dollars? not really. where can you put that extra money? into an ssd or a better graphics card were your performance returns are far greater

the OP obviously doesnt know the real performance of a single gtx 670, and with the money saved and not getting a ridiculous motherboard he get a gtx 680. there is absolutely no need to sli these cards unless you are doing triple monitor gaming which the OP did not specify

thats 4 strikes against sli/xfire, dont need it, finding a mobo to get the proper lane speeds, only returns are in multi motor setups, plus it is ALWAYS better to get one single good card rather than sli/xfire

i buy a motherboard that suits my needs perfectly not wasted features

i wasnt talking about that power supply in particular, i would trust it in my rig, what i am saying is MOST of the time the power supply chosen by parts picker is utter crap, you actually made a good selection for an sli setup. once the OP actually uses a high end graphics card he will find he doesnt need sli/xfire thus making it overkill

its better to just sell your graphics card and put that money towards a new graphics card, i call it trading up, i started with a 460 sold it later got a used 480 for $100 after that then i sold that and old junk and got a new 670 for another $125 and ill probably get a 870/880 for another $125 down the road

G

this is an example of a board i would actually buy, the value is impressive and keeps up with an rog board, has a triple power usb 2.0 power [great for usb wireless adapters and long cables] the only thing that i feel are wasted space are the integrated graphics ports but thats a trend that doesnt go away on z77 boards. OCing performance, not many wasted features, better sli performance. the only thing i dont like is the color scheme

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128551

Well the motherboard might be overkill for OP need.I find it quite useful but i am more of an extreme user then the avg.If OP prefer i would look at these motherboards and see if they were acceptable. mobo:GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128544#top

mobo:ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131837#top

It's a nice board but to ugly for me. I am picky and even though i would not be looking at it all the time.I would still be bother by it.

G

each of those boards is skimping a bit. i would get an extreme4, better OC-ability than both of those boards with better vram heatsinks, digi+ 8 + 4 and gold caps., better audio than both boards. the asus has better usb 3.0 speeds and the gigabyte has an msata port but thats all they have going for them.

yet again i am recommending an asrock extreme4 or a gigabyte g.sniper m3. i come from the mobo selection, i know my sheeeet

g-unit1111

Titan
i wasnt talking about that power supply in particular, i would trust it in my rig, what i am saying is MOST of the time the power supply chosen by parts picker is utter crap, you actually made a good selection for an sli setup. once the OP actually uses a high end graphics card he will find he doesnt need sli/xfire thus making it overkill

Um... what? Yeah PC Part Picker does have its' flaws - you do have the usual PSU garbage like Coolmax, Raidmax, Ultra, Apevia, and so on but all the good ones are there - the Corsairs, Seasonics, Antecs, and so on. You can't say everything on that site is utter crap, you can't prove that.

G

first instance is your home pc build and the motherboard you are using on your link, its not a true OCing board, the only things it has going for it are an msata port and an extra 2 usb 3.0 ports that i can guarantee uses a sub-par usb controller and same with your audio

then the power supply on the same build, you are using a 950w psu and you are only running a 7870

g-unit1111

Titan

What are you talking about? I can OC my CPU just fine with that motherboard. I suggest you do some more reading before saying things like that.

I'm actually running dual 7870's now - for some reason it hasn't updated my build.

G

you can OC with any z77 board, there are boards that definitely do it better with a better audio and a better usb controller, better vram heat sinks for a better price.

you cant trust a website to do the work for you, i select every component and unless its an obvious decision i do my research. that psu is still complete overkill for your setup plus it isnt even modular

Au_equus

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
^+1 bigcyco1

your build?
i5-2500k
Gigabyte z68x-ub3p-b3
8gig of GSkill DDR3
Asus GTX 670
120gb sandisk extreme SSD
850W PSU
Fractal Define R3 Pearl Black

That setup must pull <600W with OC?

G

bought the psu when i had sli 480s

g-unit1111

Titan

1. I hate modular PSUs.

2. Who cares if my PSU is overkill or not? It's inexpensive and a good brand. I have dual GPUs and I'm probably planning on adding an open liquid cooler to that setup in the near future. So yeah the 950W is justified.

3. All onboard audio is pretty much the same, and who cares about the USB controller? I don't. I do my research as well.