download driver from windows update.

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

I just installed xp about 3 weeks ago - I was going
through windows updates and under drivers it said the was
1 that was a creative technology update -- with sound
card and other things -- I thought why not im a idiot
when it comes to computers. so i downloaded it or updated
it. - i have no sound anymore. can I reverse this or what
did I do. I have this gateway computer that had wind 98
to begin with and a friend installed xp profsnal and
cleaned up my system . Help how do i get my sound back !!
It was called Creative technology ltd- multimedia
software update june 18 2002.. listed under the drivers
part of windows update.

Hi

Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices>Hardware tab. Highlight your sound
card and then click Properties>Driver - 'Roll back driver'. If you then do
want to upgrade the sound card drivers, go to the Creative web site instead
of using Windows Update. The same applies for all your hardware.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User