Scrolling horizontal bars during gameplay

Ember5050

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
So I built this new PC a couple of weeks ago, and I noticed something. In all of my games (more prevalent in BF3 and Skyrim) there are these scrolling horizontal black/greyish lines. Turning on vsync seems to SLIGHTLY help it, but the lines still persist. I have tried literally everything: rolling back the drivers, testing it on many different monitors, changing the idle clock speeds, changing the 3d clock speeds, making sure there aren't any cables loose, changing the refresh rate, trying out all the different resolutions, and messing around with the AMD catalyst settings. This is getting ridiculous, here are my specs.

Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro3
CPU: Intel i5-3570k Quad Core Processor 3.4GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4) DDR3 Desktop Memory
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 1GB
Power Supply: Corsair CX600 600w Power Supply
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive

So any ideas? I would love to hear them.

snipersam15

Honorable
May 25, 2012
First make sure all your frame rates match your monitors refresh rate. Look at your monitor settings in CCC and see if it matches your monitors refresh rate. Also look at monitor properties on windows. Right click desktop, click screen resolution, choose your monitor, click advanced settings, then click monitor tab.
I know for sure there in a refresh rate option in bf3 video settings. Try changing that and see if it works.

Ember5050

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
First make sure all your frame rates match your monitors refresh rate. Look at your monitor settings in CCC and see if it matches your monitors refresh rate. Also look at monitor properties on windows. Right click desktop, click screen resolution, choose your monitor, click advanced settings, then click monitor tab.
I know for sure there in a refresh rate option in bf3 video settings. Try changing that and see if it works.

My monitor supports 60Hz, and 75Hz. I've tried both settings as well as changing the CCC, and all the settings contain the same problem. Also, I use Fraps during all these tests, and the framerate is locked to the refresh rate.