Upgrade or not to upgrade

reccy

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2007
Well Hello all... Again,

Long time since i have been on here, been travelling and seeing the sights.. All Good.

Right, now a few things have changed and now im looking to upgrade my system..

I have an i7 930 @ 3.80mhz and a GTX470 (i did have 470's in Sli but my system kept crashing, i literally did everything from under clocking my CPU to removing memory and nothing worked, and my system hasn't crashed since removing the 2nd 470. (which has now been sold)

Im looking at upgrading the GPU, to a 670.. having checked the sites i use for computer parts, a CPU upgrade is not the question, would a GTX670 provide a decent upgrade from a 470 in terms of FPS (I play Guild Wars 2, Batman AA/AC and will be Borderlands 2, COD MW 18 (whatever the next warefare is etc), would the i7 930 present too much of a bottle neck to even comtenplate (the reviews o the GTX470 is with the new Ivy Brdige chips)

In Guild Wars 2 im at 20-30 FPS with most of the options turned up. I want them all turned up as far as the eye can see and have 40/50+ FPS (in most scenario's)

Any advise would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers

egilbe

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
What's your budget? I would say that the GTX670 would give you a nice upgrade, but a further upgrade to a new mobo and processor would give you a bit more boost if you need it.