Sign in with
Your question

Problem with EVGA GTX 580

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 16, 2012 2:46:39 PM

Hi guys i ran into this problem where it says "The display driver stopped working and has recovered" while playing Guild Wars 2. Other then that it never happens even when playing Diablo 3 I never run into this problem. I'll open up GW2 run it for like 5 mins then bam display driver acts up. I dont OC btw. My specs are as follows...

Window 8 Release Preview 64 bit
Intel Core i7 940 2.93GHz 8M L3 Cache 4.8GT/sec QPI Hyper-Threading Turbo Boost LGA1366 Processor
ASUS Socket 1366/Intel X58/SATA3&USB3.0/A&GbE/ATX Motherboard P6X58D-E
EVGA GeForce GTX 580 1536 MB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 2DVI/Mini-HDMI SLI Ready
4gb RipJaw ram
2TB HD
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler

Tried to get as descriptive as possible so i can get the best possible feedback.

More about : problem evga gtx 580

September 16, 2012 3:04:31 PM

Download the newest driver and install it. You probably either have an old driver or the current one is having issues.
September 16, 2012 3:16:07 PM

what driver are you on now.?
in the driver details should be a list of games and enhancements, GW2 is probably in there.
it's a newer game and nVidia just released the latest driver recently.
also the Win 8 is a preview release and not actual product, that might have a little say so in your compatibility.

goodluck.
Related resources
September 16, 2012 3:55:39 PM

I have the newest driver installed right now, I was thinking maybe its just Windows 8. Imma try installing Win7 and seeing how that works. Thanks for the responses guys, If anything comes to mind please share it in case other people are having the same issues.
September 16, 2012 4:07:28 PM

if your on the latest driver version then going back to Win 7 should do the trick.
if not then more troubleshooting will be required.
and to be honest with a GTX 580 and not the newer GTX 6 series it's a shame that the older drivers like 296.10 do not have newer game support.
if not using the new features with the 30x.xx series of drivers like nVidia's AA and such then I fail to see any benefits except for game support.

goodluck.
!