Sign in with
Your question

Computer Randomly Freezing

Last response: in Systems
November 12, 2012 8:50:34 PM

Iv had my computer built for about 4 months now and since I have had it it has froze maybe 10 times. This is my first computer and Im still new to all this, so I need help trying to figure out what it is causing it. I need to know where to start because I have no clue. It seems like it freezes when I have bigger programs running. Never has froze when Im just searching the web. I am an Architecture student, and it freezing has made me lose hours of work, so I need to get this fixed before the next quarter starts. It freezes when running Photoshop or Rhino. But like I said its random, and doesn't happen all the time so Im really not sure. I have noticed that my HDD makes a noise sometimes that is pretty noticeable. Not a clicking, but almost a hissing sound. Not sure if that could have anything to do with it. But I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me get this figured out.

The things I have done are make sure all my drivers are up to date and also made sure my BIOS was update so all that is clear.

Here is my setup.

Mobo: Asrock x79 Extreme6
Video Card: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6870
PSU: Intel i7 3930k
Power Supply: Corsair TX650
Ram: G. Skills Ripjaws 16gb 4x4
HDD: WD Caviar 1TB
SSD: Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 2.5" 128gb
Asus 24x DVD Burner
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

!