Ultra annoying blue artifacts on screen with GTX 670.

elheriel

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
Everytime I watch videos on youtube or any media player I will get blue screen artifact in the form of either flickering blue lines or lingering patches of blue dots similar to dead pixels. The effect will not go away unless the computer is rebooted. The driver will occasionally stop working when this occurs as well.

This has yet to happen in a game, although I assume it will eventually do so, it only happens when watching videos so far. Anyone else ever experienced this issue ? Any ideas on a potential fix ? This 1500$ gaming computer has been nothing but trouble since I assembled it last week. I'm very tempted to throw it down the garbage and go back to my older, more modest mid range gaming build which was still very much able to run anything I threw at it.

Worst investment ever :(

elheriel

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
Well just to add some input, while browsing google for information about this issue I started to have flickering vertical yellow lines added to the mix as well. The monitor is not the problem, just tested using my old rig and everything displays fine. Switching back to my new system brings the artifacts and lines back.

bigbasedrum

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
You are using the same cable to connect to the monitor as you did with your old rig? (I'd imagine you are just making sure.) Have you installed the latest drivers for your GTX 670? Could you maybe post a screenshot of the lines?

IainCheesecake

Distinguished
May 8, 2011

I have this same problem D: