TheMark0fDeath

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012
I need an OS (Preferably Windows 7). Could I just get it off of the PirateBay and somehow put it on the new build? If so please explain how as this could save me $100ish dollars. I think I'm going to stick with Windows 7, maybe try Windows 8 in the future when it's more compatible with everything. Here are the parts Im going to order in the next week off of amazon:
GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7750

CPU: Intel Pentium G2120

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-H61M-DS2 LGA 1155 Intel H61 Micro ATX

RAM: PNY Optima 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC3-10666 1333MHz DDR3 Desktop

PSU: Antec VP-450 450 Watt Energy Star Certified Power Supply

Case: Rosewill Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case CHALLENGER-U3

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB SATA III 7200 RPM 16 MB Cache

The total without the OS (Home Premium) is $460.67 with it Home Premium it is $552.66

Also with the motherboard and the case, the case has three fans. I don't think the Mobo can have that many. I was between this and the Antec 300 but opted for this because of the LED and one more fan. THANKS!

Hazle

Distinguished
if budget is a concern, for $40, W8 should be pretty sufficient for your use and a good deal at that. hardware compatibility is a definitely a concern, but i doubt it'll affect you a lot seeing as there are numerous tests regarding gaming performance in W8 which points out that there are little to no compatibility problems in that regard. and if there are any, it'll affect parts that people rarely install in a desktop, i.e PCI/PCIe wifi/sound card, and so forth.

software can be another matter though, but most commonly used and popular softwares should be up W8 compatible.