Radeon 6970 and 5670? Would it work?

So I recently recieved a radeon 5670 from my neighbor and I was wondering if I'd be able to put into my computer that currently has a 6970 and if both of them would work. Both Cards are by XFX

Thanks in advance
9 answers Last reply
More about radeon 6970 5670 work
  1. Assuming that you're using this machine for gaming (compute apps are a bit different), there's no benefit to be had by adding an additional graphics card that isn't the same model as the existing card. The 5670 is a very weak card compared to the 6970.
  2. I guessed that, would I be able to use it to connect an extra monitor?
  3. Sure, that would work, but you can probably do that with the 6970 already. Generally sticking to one card minimizes potential problems.
  4. The 6970 should be able to run up to 4 monitors just fine. If you need more than that, then sure the 5670 would work. It wouldn't add any performance if that's what you are asking.
  5. Thanks, the 6970 can't have two dvi connections and an hdmi connection and the 5670 has an hdmi so that'll be helpfull
  6. The 6970 has to have one display port connection being used to run more than 2 monitors. Hence, using the 2 DVI and the HDMI does not work.

If you are trying to game on 3 monitors, using the 5670 is not going to work.
  7. I wasn't going to use it to game, just to let me use an extra monitor
  8. It should let you add another monitor in that way.
  9. Good, thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Computer Graphics