Motherboad : Asus M5A97 5.1 HD Audio
PowerSupply : 750Watt
CPU: AMD FX-8150 (8 core 3.6GHz)
Ram: 12 GB 1600Ghz (Gaming ram)
VideoCard: GTX 580 1.5GB PNY
CPU WaterCooling Heatsink
1.5Tb HDD 7200 RPM
256GB SSD 6GB/S
Case: http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_conten...

A couple of months ago I had a Phenom II Quad Core 3.4Ghz, I was able to game, listen to music, check videos etc. I recently changed my Phenom II to a Eight Core 3.8ghz, at this moment, when I enter a game, for example, Crysis 2 (max video setting), at the beginning my hard-drive would make weird noises & my game would freeze. Sometimes, my pc would shut down, so I bought a SSD thinking that was the problem, reinstalled windows, my game, etc. The results.. no luck, still shutting down. Could my Powersupply be the problem? Or even my motherboard?

PLEASE HELP!!

More about : shutting

a b B Homebuilt system
November 13, 2012 4:25:06 AM

It is probably the power supply, motherboard, or graphics card IMO, most likely the power supply. Do you have any other power supplies that you can test and/or any other computers that you can test you possibly faulty power supply in?
a b B Homebuilt system
November 13, 2012 4:37:10 AM

How's your heat doing? Most likely culprits are heat or wattage, if the only thing you changed was the processor.
Related resources
November 13, 2012 4:52:24 AM

newest Bios?
a b B Homebuilt system
November 13, 2012 4:53:11 AM

Ahh yes, heat is another excellent possibility.
November 13, 2012 12:01:24 PM

Its surely not the CPU heat, stable to 45'C In big games. Latest Bios was installed so that's not the problem. I'll check for another powersupply, i'm pretty sure that's the problem, It's only bug when I hit places in game that need alot of graphic power.
!