Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Cuda cores and Steam processors is the same ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 16, 2012 10:08:41 PM

i know its really stupid question but i want to know is the steam processors in the gpu is the same like cuda cores but with different name or they are the same , and what is the use of them anyway ?

Best solution

a c 87 U Graphics card
September 16, 2012 10:17:20 PM

They're different types of cores that do more or less the same job, but in a different way. The performance between them is not necessarily identical (nor even with the same company's cores from different cards), so you can't accurately directly compare them by number without adjusting for the performance differences. As far as I'm aware, they just do most of the huge amount of math that is necessary to render a frame.
a c 104 U Graphics card
September 16, 2012 10:26:15 PM

@ Blazorthorn ;

Okay, my stupid question then ; i thought the cudas and streams made the data go from the gpu to the rest of the system, like a highway for the data to go through, the more lanes, the more traffic can pass. Or is that my noobish way of saying the same as you do ?
m
l
Related resources
a c 87 U Graphics card
September 16, 2012 10:28:10 PM

GreenDutchAlien said:
@ Blazorthorn ;

Okay, my stupid question then ; i thought the cudas and streams made the data go from the gpu to the rest of the system, like a highway for the data to go through, the more lanes, the more traffic can pass. Or is that my noobish way of saying the same as you do ?

CUDA cores and stream processing cores are floating point processors. They do a lot of floating point math.
m
l
a c 104 U Graphics card
September 16, 2012 10:35:45 PM

Right, nothing like a highway, stupid explanation i got then about that. :( 
m
l
September 16, 2012 10:44:08 PM

thanks guys , but before closing this topic , i want to ask what is the best GTX 560ti now at the market , i like the gigabyte , but i dont know about the other brands , i would appreciate if any one can reply on this :) 
m
l
September 16, 2012 11:01:07 PM

Best answer selected by mrdowntownkiller.
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
September 16, 2012 11:01:52 PM

Glad to help.
m
l
!