I have a question about a rig I'm going to build. Help Please!

lordxarus

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
So here are the parts.
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($28.98 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($119.98 @ NCIX US)
Asus P8Z77-V
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 750GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC128B/WW 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($399.36 @ NCIX US)
XFX ATI Radeon HD 7950 3 GB DDR5 2DVI/HDMI/2x Mini DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card (FX795ATDFC)
MSI N670 PE 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (Black/Orange) ATX Mid Tower Case ($84.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 550W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] r-Supplies
PC Power&Cooling Silencer MKlll.

More info:

Need to buy a moniter.
Don't need OS.
Budget 1200ish.
Games: Arma 2, DayZ, Battlefield, Cod, others?

Now to my question.

Should I upgrade to this CPU?
http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Core-i7-3770-Quad-Core-Processor/dp/B007SZ0EHE/ref=pd_rhf_dp_s_cp_1

Also the HDD that I have listed is discontinued I need another one.

Is there anything else that should be changed?

Thanks!

P.S: Where I have several parts I am deciding between them.

Solution
Don't bother getting an i7 for a gaming computer. It has almost no advantage at all over the i5 in almost all games and as for any games that it does have an advantage in, the i5 is already fast enough to not be a bottle-neck.

For graphics around $400, I'd recommend a Zotac AMP! GTX 670 or a Gigabyte Windforce Radeon 7970 GHz Edition.

As for the hard drive, if its discontinued, then I'd have to think that they have no more stock of it, so you'd probably have to buy a different model.
Don't bother getting an i7 for a gaming computer. It has almost no advantage at all over the i5 in almost all games and as for any games that it does have an advantage in, the i5 is already fast enough to not be a bottle-neck.

For graphics around $400, I'd recommend a Zotac AMP! GTX 670 or a Gigabyte Windforce Radeon 7970 GHz Edition.

As for the hard drive, if its discontinued, then I'd have to think that they have no more stock of it, so you'd probably have to buy a different model.

Solution
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-never-settle-game-bundles-cards-games,18628.html

Info on the games that come with is in that link.

I've heard the same about AMD, but I'm not sure. If you're willing to wait, then maybe you should, but I haven't heard anything other than rumors. IDK if AMD has actually confirmed that their getting 8xxx series cards out in December.

There isn't exactly a best time to buy. There are always deals of some sort seemingly year round.

The 7670 is an entry level re-brand of the Radeon 6670 which is itself a re-brand of the 5670. I was talking about the Gigabyte Windforce 7970 GHz Edition which is nearly the most high-end AMD card of them all.

Sorry, I can't find any benchmarks at all of the current drivers, anything that I pull up would be at least a little outdated as a result of that.

Liquid cooling is hard to justify most of the time. It's only really better than air for CPUs when you build a good quality custom loop rather than buy a closed loop pre-made cooler, so it's usually more or less a waste of money unless you're willing to put a lot of work into it or simply can't use a large air cooler.

There's also the risk of leakage. I've heard many horror stories about leaking water coolers and the non-water liquid coolers can be extremely expensive.

If you want to take the risk and are willing to put a little money into it, then you could head on to the water cooling forums for the water cooling experts. They can undoubtedly give you a much better idea of what you could do than I can and heck, maybe there's a good cheap way of doing it that I'm not aware of.