Powerline Installation messing up laptop wireless?

cmac813

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
I installed a powerline networking but now my wireless internet for my laptop keeps cutting out?
I installed it so my computer upstairs will get better internet but now when I'm downstairs using my laptop it keeps losing the connection if I have the powerline connected to the computer upstairs. I unplugged the powerline from the outlet upstairs and haven't lost connection from my laptop since.

would the powerline mess up the wireless somehow? I had them both running fine last night so I don't know why it's different today.

I believe that was happening in the system of one of my customers so in the end I disabled wireless on the powerline (couldn't secure it anyway) and just used it cabled at both ends of the powerline connection.

I was working with quite a cheap setup here in the UK but maybe your powerline is capable of being configured to come away from the 2.8 Ghz range, so separating itself from the router..

cmac813

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
I'm not good with technology and it was my friend who mentioned and installed the powerline so I'm not exactly sure what you are saying but it is possible that the powerline is messing up my laptops wireless?

It's been working fine for the last 30mins or so but before that it lost connection about 3 times in 10mins and the only new thing we've done with the internet is the powerline so I figured it probably had something to do with that.