Solved

Really need help, first desktop I'v built

Ok, i really need to know if all the selected parts i have picked out will fit, eg. the motherboard with the gpu/cpu (also if im forgetting something please let me know.

Processor: amd phenom II X4 965 Black edition 3.4GHz $90-$117 (planning to over clock 3.8ghz to 4ghz
Graphics Card: Powercolor Radeon HD7850 2GB $179
Case: CoolerMaster Elite 334U Case $40
Ram: G.Skill F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT (2x4GB) DDR3 $35
Power Supply: Antec VP450P 450W Power Supply $ 52
Motherboard: ASRock 970DE3-U3S3 Motherboard $69
Optics: Can get from old desktop
HDD: can get from old desktop
Fan: Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition Case Fan $39 also can get more from old desktop.
SO FAR: $532

Also if anyone knows a better processor or graphics card at the same price or slightly (very very slightly) higher that would be great. i live in australia so i cant use newegg, i prefer the site PCCG.

And do you know what kinds of FPS i can expect from this rig? games like battlefield, guildwars 2 or borderlands 2 on high or medium settings, do you think i could get 30-40 FPS (im not looking for the same performance in a $2000 computer i plan on upgrading over time, just medium settings on those game at around 30-40 FPS would be great) or is this build really bad and i have no idea? :/
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about really help desktop built
  1. Best answer
    It all looks good. I would go with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO instead though for a CPU cooler.

Should run the games you want on great settings! I would recommend the i3 though over the Phenom II 965. The 965 is old and dated, as its 3 generations behind now. The i3 is able to outperform it in many categories.
  2. wow, thanks for the help, do you have any specific i3's in mind that would beat the Phenom? also since i will need an intel motherboard, do you have any suggestions? all for similar prices.
  3. Yes, I had a 'spare copy of windows 7' lying around for my build too. Good to free up $100 from the budget ;)
  4. Best answer selected by HOOD4R.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Motherboards Systems Product