Differences in Graphic Cards

ebowling13

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
Hello, my friend and I are going to be making our first homebuilds soon, his being more budgeted oriented than mine, and we were debating his $80 Radeon 6670 capabiliites and my $280 Radeon 7870's. I read reviews for both and apparently people can run games like BF3 and Skyrim on high settings with both. I am confused and need to know why mine costs so much more yet appears to perform the same. Thanks for all the help in advance.

Solution
With some overclocking, a 7850 can do excellently with even 2560x1440 gaming with maxed out texture settings and possibly some more too such as heavier AA and tessellation. A 6670 can struggle at a fourth of that resolution with comparable settings. The difference between them in gaming performance is huge.
With some overclocking, a 7850 can do excellently with even 2560x1440 gaming with maxed out texture settings and possibly some more too such as heavier AA and tessellation. A 6670 can struggle at a fourth of that resolution with comparable settings. The difference between them in gaming performance is huge.

Solution