Solved

2 Graphics Cards for The Same Monitor

Hello everyone,

As stated in the title is it possible to hook up two graphics cards on one monitor with a splitter cable or something?

Depending when my 570 starts to run a bit slower I think I am going to invest in a another 570. Don't really want to invest in another monitor and a graphics card.

Also can you say what you think about multi-monitor. I'm a gamer, but only want to game on one monitor, and maybe check my temps on the other screen. Let me know if you think this is a good use of money.
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphics cards monitor
  1. Best answer
    You connect them internally using the SLI ribbon cable. Then you just hook a monitor to one card.
  2. But what about the other? Is it being used or is it just "there?"
  3. Yes it's called SLi. Scalable Link Interface http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Link_Interface

Both cards work together and basically they each work half the screen. This only works in full screen applications like games but you can expect about 90% more performance. You may need to upgrade your power supply because two GTX570 draw some serious power, what PSU do you have now?
  4. Its being used to help the original GTX570 process frames and stuff.
  5. stickg1 said:
    Yes it's called SLi. Scalable Link Interface http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Link_Interface

Both cards work together and basically they each work half the screen. This only works in full screen applications like games but you can expect about 90% more performance. You may need to upgrade your power supply because two GTX570 draw some serious power, what PSU do you have now?

Oh yeah I heard about SLI, just didn't know how it worked. But off the top of my head (since that my computer isn't here right now) I'm 99% sure that it is a ModXstream SLI ready 600 watt powersupply.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX22557

There is a link if you need it.
  6. I think that you might be better off with a higher wattage PSU for GTX 570 SLI. I don't think that yours has enough 12V amperage. Another option could be selling your 570 and buying a GTX 670. It'd be about as fast as GTX 570 SLI and shouldn't have any trouble with your PSU.
  7. blazorthon said:
    I think that you might be better off with a higher wattage PSU for GTX 570 SLI. I don't think that yours has enough 12V amperage. Another option could be selling your 570 and buying a GTX 670. It'd be about as fast as GTX 570 SLI and shouldn't have any trouble with your PSU.

Well should I sell my 570 right now and get the 670? Because my 570 won't be worth that much later on...

And also any thoughts on 2 monitors if im gaming on only one?
  8. sharpshooter_992 said:
    Well should I sell my 570 right now and get the 670? Because my 570 won't be worth that much later on...

And also any thoughts on 2 monitors if im gaming on only one?

If you want to sell your 570, then selling it ASAP would be a good idea. It is my recommendation.

I don't recommend dual-monitor gaming. Odd numbers of monitors (one or three) are generally better because you don't have a bezel in the middle of your screen.
  9. If you do still want to go SLI, make sure you have enough room, and that your motherboard and PSU support it. 600 watt seems to be a bit on the low side. I imagine you'd want at least 50 amps on the +12v rail.
  10. blazorthon said:
    If you want to sell your 570, then selling it ASAP would be a good idea.

I don't recommend dual-monitor gaming. Odd numbers of monitors (one or three) are generally better because you don't have a bezel in the middle of your screen.

I think I'll just sell the 570 instead, don't really want to use up the extra space as I think I'll be using that for something else. What is a good price for the 570 to sell?
  11. Best answer selected by sharpshooter_992.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Monitors Graphics