Sign in with
Your question

Overcharged phone?

Last response: in Systems
November 13, 2012 2:28:27 AM

Can a newly built computer overcharge your phone? My iphone 5 battery died after one month of use. The green battery icon would never charge to 100% (there's a small 5% gap- http://podfeet.com/NosillaCast/NC_2007_07_22/battery_no... ). Normally, I wouldn't consider blaming a computer for such problems. However, i've noticed that my ipod is experiencing the same symptoms my iphone did, which is scaring me. The battery hasn't died yet, however there's the battery gap happening.

I have an ASRock motherboard, which comes with something called APPcharger. I thought this was the problem, but after deleting it, the gap remains. What could be the problem?

More about : overcharged phone

a b B Homebuilt system
November 13, 2012 3:26:45 AM

I think there was always a gap there. Does it show the percentage in the non-lock screen?
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
November 13, 2012 3:47:46 AM

I would think batteries now and days have a safety mechanism to stop charging when its at 100% or near it, and start charging back when its below that. your motherboards software shouldn't have any affect other than charge speed(motherboard vendors love to say they have a special charging software as part of their software driver suites)
m
l
November 13, 2012 4:04:40 AM

dudewitbow said:
I would think batteries now and days have a safety mechanism to stop charging when its at 100% or near it, and start charging back when its below that. your motherboards software shouldn't have any affect other than charge speed(motherboard vendors love to say they have a special charging software as part of their software driver suites)

lol. I just want to make sure, because apple is replacing my phone. I don't need this problem repeating again, if it can be preventable. It's just the fact that my ipod also experienced one of the symptoms around the same time my phone battery died. This is strange to me; so i naturally thought my computer had done something to them both.
m
l
!