Asus sound card help

G

hello everybody :hello: , i am building my first computer and i would love to have a sound card, i really like the asus gaming sound cards. the problem i have is what is the best card for the money, and i noticed that the front panel connector has to be switched manually for it to work. I know that the Xonar DSX has auto switching, but i heard that it can't switch back when the headphones are unplugged. I also heard of some driver problems.

All suggestions are welcome :pt1cable:

Solution
What are you going to be doing with the PC as far as sound goes? Also what speakers are you using? The quality of sound you get is more dependent on your speaker setup imo. If your planning on using mainly headphones, the onboard will be fine.

ultimately, since the board you are looking at does have onboard audio, i would try that out and see how you like it. If its not acceptable for you, then consider buying a soundcard.
G

I am thinking of purchasing the GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 motherboard. Is that any good? And does it have surround sound?

G

Thank you so much man, but does it have auto Headphone jack switching? And how many channels is it?

velosteraptor

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
What are you going to be doing with the PC as far as sound goes? Also what speakers are you using? The quality of sound you get is more dependent on your speaker setup imo. If your planning on using mainly headphones, the onboard will be fine.

ultimately, since the board you are looking at does have onboard audio, i would try that out and see how you like it. If its not acceptable for you, then consider buying a soundcard.

Solution
G

I am using the Ambx gaming peripherals speakers and I use headphones occasionally, but your idea is great. Thank you

TRENDING THREADS