Sign in with
Your question

Problems with my new build.

Last response: in Systems
November 13, 2012 11:20:00 AM

I just recently did a new build (last Friday to be exact). I was experiencing problems with running pretty much anything, mainly games.
Every few seconds it would lock up for 1-3 seconds. Since the problem was usually occurring when playing games/using fullscreen programs I figured the video drivers were the most obvious problem. I downloaded the most recent drivers, uninstalled mine, rebooted, and installed the newer ones. The problem persisted though. After reading around I figured it might be the install of windows. I tried reinstalling last night and it froze, but that isn't all that uncommon when installing Windows 7. I retried and it got a blue screen immediately after.

Specs
---------------------------------------
CPU - Intel Core i5-3570k
Motherboard - p8z77-v lk
Ram - CORSAIR Vengeance (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600
OS - Windows 7 Professional 64bit

I was really frustrated so I jumped the gun the do the new install of windows so I don't have any error logs.
Any ideas to what might have been causing the problem?

I will try to get windows to install and work tonight and post the error logs if I can get it to work and the problem persists.

More about : problems build

November 13, 2012 11:27:34 AM

Not really sure, let's try to eliminate possibilities first - have you tried setting RAM profile to XMP?
November 13, 2012 11:39:00 AM

excella1221 said:
Not really sure, let's try to eliminate possibilities first - have you tried setting RAM profile to XMP?

Yes, I did this right before the reinstall, it didn't seems to help though.
!