Just Ordered $750 Build - Can you find issues?

jasonlarge

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
Hi everybody,

I just ordered my first pc build (Budget gaming) and am hoping someone will be able to point out any compatibility issues I may not have foreseen. (ie. stock cpu cooler not fitting in sg05, 450 watt PSU not being enough...) I'll be using 1080p tv and have wireless mouse/keyboard and 360 controller:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nrwj

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core $125.00

Motherboard: ASRock B75M-ITX Mini ITX LGA1155 $90.00

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 $25.00

Storage: Patriot Pyro 120GB 2.5" SSD $90.00

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB $210.00

Case: Silverstone SST-SG05BB-450-USB3.0 (Black) Mini ITX Desktop w/450W Power Supply $120.00

Optical: External - Samsung SE-208AB/TSBS DVD-Writer - Black $25.00

Notes and Concerns:
* Estimated Wattage: 224W
* This specific 4gb corsair vengeance was not on MoBo support list but a similarly spec'd Corsair Vengeance was.
* I'm hoping Windows 8 gets better for gamers as time goes on. I can see customizing the start page might be awesome.
* Gonna use a wired keyboard for initial set-up just to be safe.
* Expecting issues getting the external drive to recognize via usb in the BIOs.

Please let me know if there are things I should look out for as a first time builder.
Thanks for your help guys!

cirdecus

Distinguished

You can change and edit your host file in W8 just as you did in windows 7 :) I'm doing that right now!

And as far as the build, it looks like the components are pretty solid, especially the deal on the Patriot. The only problem is that you only have one stick of memory in that list and your board is running dual-channel. This means that you need two sticks of memory or your whole system will be handicapped at half memory speed.

I would buy a second 4GB stick for sure.

Also, it would be fantastic if you could get up to a Corei5, but again, you'd be looking at another 50 bucks. The performance is worth it imo.

jasonlarge

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012

Sorry, my mistake, I got it for $85, not $25. (I wish).

jasonlarge

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012

I was looking at getting the second stick of ram in a few weeks (eeking out this paycheck now) But was under the impression that most games do not use over 4gb of ram so did not think it was essential. Does only using 1 module instead of the available 2 change the performance of other parts (like the processor)?