Program running on server keeps dropping

exhale

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
Hello,Hello,I have 2 programs located and running of 2 different servers (both server 2003)due to the nature of the company I work for I cannot say what the progams are. Now how our network is set up is Program 1 runs and server 1 and program 2 runs on server 2. server 1 and 2 and all user pc's are connected to a domain run by server 3. The programs 1+2 are installed on user computers and connected to thier respective servers to run. now the problem is program 1 kicks a random number of users off everyday at 10:15AM and program 2 does the same but at 12:45. its the same time and its every day. I have checked all servers for errors or conectivity issues and have found nothing.
Please advise.

Thanks for the help
Jean De Villiers

That is not much to go on. You have looked for other programs which may be automatically scheduled to run at those times?

Another possibility is that a client is causing the problem, so check to see what clients are connected at the time.

If you cannot find an outside problem, then the problem if the server program, and you will need to get support from the vendor.

exhale

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
I have been logged on to the server at the time of this problem via remote desktop and i was not disconected. But the connection between the domain server and our software servers just died and only connected again after 10mins. There are netlogon errors on the software servers followed but DCom errors as our users get disconected from the software servers. I checked taskmanager at the time of the drop and i no proceses are executed other than the normal. As for a client we have +-100-200 ppl working on software run from the servers and they are connected all day.

thanks for the help.

exhale

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
I have been logged on to the server at the time of this problem via remote desktop and i was not disconected. But the connection between the domain server and our software servers just died and only connected again after 10mins. There are netlogon errors on the software servers followed but DCom errors as our users get disconected from the software servers. I checked taskmanager at the time of the drop and i no proceses are executed other than the normal. As for a client we have +-100-200 ppl working on software run from the servers and they are connected all day.

thanks for the help.