ASUS USB-N53 Setup Difficulties

Siege_2

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
Hello and thank you in advance for your time and patience. I just got this item in and am trying to install it on my 64-bit Windows 7, but I am experiencing some difficulties.

First of all, when I go to the ASUS website to download drivers and am asked to select my operating system, the only option is Windows 7 32 bit even though the product is advertised as being supported for 64 bit. Regardless, there is a x64 driver included in the package. But, when I install that specific driver, windows tells me that the driver is not the correct driver for my platform. So I attempted an install from the disk, and I cannot even get windows to recognize the USB drive upon completion of the so-called driver installation.

My question is, has anyone else purchased this and is using it successfully with windows 7 x64? What do I have to do to make this work?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320089

Siege_2

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
Update:

I shot on over to the RALink website and downloaded the chipset drivers for the adapter, and they actually worked. Confirmed that it is working with the ASUS utility program as well. Not sure what ASUS is doing with their driver versions but I hope they update them soon because I can't help but feel like I am missing out on functionality.

TRENDING THREADS