Windows 8 Default PDF Reader - How to Jump to Page?

Kanzu5665

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010
Hi, I was just wondering, how do I jump to a page in Window 8 default pdf Reader? In a 1000 page document, it's ridiculous to have to swipe to find a page, and scrolling is inexact. In Adobe Reader on desktop mode, it's a no brainer - just click the page number and change it tot he page you want to go to, but I'm having trouble finding this feature in Reader.

There's nothing exactly like that in the "Reader" app. If you right-click within Reader or swipe up to get the control bar across the bottom of the screen you can use the "find" feature on the left hand side to search for a page number -- though that's not limited to page numbers and may bring up results on other pages which include that number also. The "more" button at the other end (the right hand side) of the control bar has a "bookmarks" menu which can bring you to a particular chapter if the PDF is so marked.

and... those seem to be your only options at the moment. The default Reader app is still a pretty basic utility.

Usersname

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
Windows 8 PDF Reader is a joke. Apple's Preview is absolutely streets ahead. Best to simply download Adobe's own Reader and Ditch MS's pathetic attempt until around version 7+

Excellent! Might just use it now, very handy feature, especially the ability to scroll through thumbnails of the whole document...( think I'll choose this as solution, seeing as no-one else has...)

P01

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
The updated Reader on Windows 8.1 allows you to go to a specific page. Tapping on the Page number makes it editable and you can type and jump to a specific page. Also Ctrl G works the same way.

RoseON

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
Using Chrome as the browser, you can open the pdf in a separate tab. While there is not a 'jump' feature to get to a particular page, there is a scroll bar on the right hand side. As you move the scroll bar, the page numbers appear... relatively quick maneuvering. Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS