help! SONY laptop PCG-R505DT cannot find the modem driver ..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.cn.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I upgraded my sony PCG-R505DT model laptop from Winme to Winxp. but the xp
system cannot recognise my laptop's modem. My modem was Conexant - Ambit
softk56 data fax ICH modem that displayed in winme. I found some drivers
from web, but that is no work. when I try to set up these download drivers,
the system respose the error "unable to find the hardware device. please
reboot your system" or "computer contains the wrong model information" I
have done my best to find the driver from official and public websites.
please tell me how can i solve this problem. thank you very much!

peter

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.cn.windowsxp (More info?)

Go to http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=121081

Hope it helps.
--
Peter

"X.D" wrote:

> I upgraded my sony PCG-R505DT model laptop from Winme to Winxp. but the xp
> system cannot recognise my laptop's modem. My modem was Conexant - Ambit
> softk56 data fax ICH modem that displayed in winme. I found some drivers
> from web, but that is no work. when I try to set up these download drivers,
> the system respose the error "unable to find the hardware device. please
> reboot your system" or "computer contains the wrong model information" I
> have done my best to find the driver from official and public websites.
> please tell me how can i solve this problem. thank you very much!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.cn.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

ÏÂÒ»¸öpcg-766µÄèµÄÇý¶¯¼´¿É
"X.D" <xtddd@hotmail.com> дÈëÓʼþ
> I upgraded my sony PCG-R505DT model laptop from Winme to Winxp. but the xp
> system cannot recognise my laptop's modem. My modem was Conexant - Ambit
> softk56 data fax ICH modem that displayed in winme. I found some drivers
> from web, but that is no work. when I try to set up these download
drivers,
> the system respose the error "unable to find the hardware device. please
> reboot your system" or "computer contains the wrong model information" I
> have done my best to find the driver from official and public websites.
> please tell me how can i solve this problem. thank you very much!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.cn.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

You could use the drivers of stard 56k modem, which the xp contains in the
modem drivers cat.

--
ѧϰ¡¢Ñ§Ï°¡¢ÔÙѧϰ£¡