Deepblue32

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
Greetings, this is my first post so thank you in advance for your help.

My Specs:

PC:
i5 3750k
Radeon HD 7870 2GB
Catalyst 12.8 drivers (most recent)
Windows 64

TV:
Toshiba 55G310

Connection:
HDMI

I have an extremely puzzling problem and although there are a huge number of threads where people have asked about the problem on Tom's Hardware...they all seem to get closed before there is a solution to them. Which I find odd, but whatever.

When I connect my HDTV to my PC via the GPU's HDMI port, the TV displays "No Video Signal" as if the port was empty. The connection was working a few days ago and I have done no major changes since then, although I must have done something small I imagine to create the problem.

The monitor I have connected via DVI > HDMI adapter works fine. When I connect the monitor via the HDMI cables that are not working for the TV, the monitor works fine. I have tried all of the ports on the GPU and they all work with the monitor and none work with the TV. Also, I have hooked up a Blu Ray player and cable box to the TV via HDMI and they all work. They also all work with the cables that I am attempting to connect the PC to the TV with.

Given that I have checked all of the ports on the GPU, all of the ports on the TV, all of the cables that are being used, the GPU itself, and the TV with other inputs....if feel like and manufacturing hardware is ruled out. So I am at an utter and complete loss as to how to fix it.

Also, the PC detects the TV as a display in Catalyst Control Center and in Windows Display Manager. It even gives the distinctive deep chiming sound when I disconnect or reconnect the cable to the TV.

Some other things I've already tried:
1.) uninstalling all drivers for Vid card and using driver sweeper to clean them.
2.) installing fresh and most recent drivers.
3.) switching out all the cables and testing that they work with other connections.
4.) disabling the connection to the TV and re-enabling it.
5.) removing and reseating the video card.
6.) changing the resolution of the TV signal from within Catalyst Control Center. Lowering and changing HZ.
7.) switching to different HDMI ports on the TV...including ones that I know are currently working with the cable box.
8.) setting up the TV as the only display and rebooting the pc.
9.) booting the pc up with the TV connected and not connected...then connecting it later.
10.) plugging and unplugging the cable.

If anyone has any advice and can help me I will be eternally grateful. I am at my wits end here. I believe that it has to be a settings issue on the pc side...either in Catalyst or in Windows but I can't figure it out.

Thank you in advance,
Shane

Deepblue32

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012

Update...Wanted to add that my monitor works in EVERY port on the GPU, while the TV will not work on any. Also, the TV was working as an ouput from the GPU previously, and the TV will accept an HDMI signal from BluRay. Thanks.