MysticToast

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
Hey there. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I have my laptop (whose max. resolution is 1366x768) on my coffee table and a 22" monitor next to it that I use to play games and just when I want two screens.

Up until now, plugging the monitor in did exactly what it was supposed to, as well as matching the resolution of my laptop (It's a 1080i monitor, but went to 1366x768 to match the laptop). I didn't mind that. Everything was nice and big but still looked nice. Last night I updated the video driver and now if I want to have the monitor at 1366x768, it goes into widescreen and squishes the picture so it looks like crap and the resolution is all messed up.

RIght now I have the monitor on 1920x1080 and it's just too big. I'm far enough away from it that everything's barely too small and it's very annoying.

Anyone have any idea what the issue is? I want to use a lower resolution without it looking terrible.

Also, now if I unplug the monitor, the laptop screen doesn't reset like it's supposed to, so I'd have to reboot to get everything back on one screen (taskbar, desktop, everything)