4320x900 max instead of 5760x1080? What's wrong.

Nekuras

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
So I just got my Galaxy Gtx670 4GB in the mail, and hooked up my 3 monitors to it and cannot for the life of me figure out why I can't get resolution past 4320x900. I am using 2 dvi connections and one hdmi-dvi connectors. I have tried reinstalling drivers, making sure windows reads all monitors as 1080p, and using the Nvidea control panel of course.

These are the monitors I am using: http://www.support.acer.com/acerpanam/MONITOR/2010/Acer/V233H/V233Hsp2.shtml

Interestingly enough, the very same problem happens when I use my SLI'd Gtx 460s. Am I overlooking something here? The DVI cords are DVI-D.

chase3567

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012

Try going straight hdmi connector or displayport.

Nekuras

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
Straight HDMI isnt an option on the monitors I have that I got, and technically it should work without display port according to the specs, but I can try it when I order one in a few days. Anyone else have any suggestions? I've seen a few threads on this before but no solutions. Thanks

Nekuras

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
I will try that and report back as soon as I get home blaz. Could it be linked to the type of DVI cable I'm using? I'm using 2 DVI-D(Single Link) cables, and I have used multiple ones that I own to ensure it's not just a faulty cable. I tried looking into whether or not the problem stems from not having DVI-D(Dual Link) cables but according to the gtx website the signal just needs to be digital, nothing about it needing to be Dual Link.

Single link DVI-D should be good enough for 1080p60Hz @ 32bpp, but I'm wondering if it is the problem.

Nekuras

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
Ok, I reduced the color down to 16-bit on all monitors and still no change. Cables of any kinda are expensive since I live in the middle of nowhere so I have 2 Dvi-D dual cords and a Dvi-d dual to hdmi cord coming from newegg. Once I get them in I'll test them out and see if anything changes

Maybe it doesn't support a resolution higher than 4320x900. The only other explanation that I can think of is that it requires Displayports to be used to hit triple 1080p resolutions. You could contact the manufacturer of the card and see if they have anything to say about this.