7870 not filling screen issue

Gurb

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
Hey Tomshardware,

Just installed an ASUS HD7850-DC2-2GD5 into my system, hooked it up to my 42" LG display, installed the drivers, and the screen is not being entirely filled. The resolution is set to 1920 x 1080, but there's about an inch border of black at the top and bottom, and a two inch border on the left and right sides. I don't have this issue when I plug the display into my onboard video (I'm using an i5 3750k and an as rock extreme4 Z77, so I'm really confused. I've tried changing the aspect ratio on the tv to no avail, rebooting, and just about everything I can think of.

Thoughts?

Smeg45

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
Easy, open Catalyst Control Centre, desktops, look for scaling option, drag bar all the way to the right. Apply and voila! Problem solved.

Make sure 24p is enabled on your TV and I'd recommend MPC-HC and lav filters for HTPC usage.

Gurb

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
Heyyy, thanks! I looked in several places in the UI but found it a little unintuitive, actually had to search for scaling to find that >_> fixed and thank you.

I don't know too much about display settings, could you elaborate on that entire second segment? xD

Smeg45

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
Your TV should have a setting for 24Hz, so films at 24Hz play at 24Hz and others are interpolated up to whatever. So set it to enabled. For the media side MPC-HC is the software player to go for a HTPC.

gamesveta

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
Turn off the computer, take out the card, start the computer with the on board GFX, uninstall the drivers, reboot back into windows, turn off the computer again, reset the BIOS to default, with the computer off put the card back in, plug your HDMI into the 7870 GFX card and start the computer.

It should boot with a signal to the monitor, if not power off the computer again and set the BIOS to turn the on board GFX off and try again with the HDMI always in the 7870 GPU. once you have it running install the drivers again.

Server Hosting