Tags:
  • Download
  • Internet Service Providers
  • Internet
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
November 3, 2011 10:29:55 AM

My DownStream Connection Speed : 33329 kbps
My download speed from speedtest.com is 30Mbps, but when I download from other fast servers (like Nvidia Drivers) my max speed is 3.7Mbps. Should I sew my ISP or apologize? :( 

More about : internet speed download speed

November 3, 2011 10:53:16 AM

You probably meant 3.7MB/s from Nvidia which is right at 30Mb/s and exactly what you are paying for.

Outside of the conversion the download rate also depends on where you are downloading from as it can only run as fast as they can send regardless of your actual download speed.
m
l
November 3, 2011 11:47:20 AM

tomatthe said:
You probably meant 3.7MB/s from Nvidia which is right at 30Mb/s and exactly what you are paying for.

Outside of the conversion the download rate also depends on where you are downloading from as it can only run as fast as they can send regardless of your actual download speed.

1. Please enhance your english.
2. Wherever I download, it's 3.7MB/s.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

November 3, 2011 1:56:18 PM

muradw2 said:
1. Please enhance your english.
2. Wherever I download, it's 3.7MB/s.

3.7 MB\s is 29.6 Mb\s so you are getting very close to what you are supposed to be getting ! --- there is a big difference in "B"ytes vs. "b"its when it comes to speed ---- 8 bits make 1 Byte so 3.7 MB is equal to 3.7 x 8 = 29.6 Mb\s -- speed test reports report in Bytes where internet suppliers sell in bits so they can advertise faster speeds (sounds better to say 30 Mb\s instead of 3.7 MB\s even though they are approx the same !!)
November 4, 2011 7:34:04 AM

JDFan said:
3.7 MB\s is 29.6 Mb\s so you are getting very close to what you are supposed to be getting ! --- there is a big difference in "B"ytes vs. "b"its when it comes to speed ---- 8 bits make 1 Byte so 3.7 MB is equal to 3.7 x 8 = 29.6 Mb\s -- speed test reports report in Bytes where internet suppliers sell in bits so they can advertise faster speeds (sounds better to say 30 Mb\s instead of 3.7 MB\s even though they are approx the same !!)

AHH! Now I got it! thanks.
Now am going to call my ISP and keep complaining until I get AT LEAST 10MB/s :pfff:  :pfff: 
m
l
November 4, 2011 7:34:20 AM

Best answer selected by muradw2.
m
l
November 4, 2011 9:42:35 AM

Unless you were being sarcastic about calling your service provider I'm not sure you quite got what we were saying. You are getting the full bandwidth you are paying for it's just being measured using different standards.

Try using this bandwidth converter to see that you are getting everything you are paying for.

http://easycalculation.com/bandwidth-calculator.php
m
l
November 19, 2011 4:49:26 AM

tomatthe i agree with you...
m
l
!