Building New Gaming Computer 1,300-1,400 dollars

Hi guys! Could anyone guide me on where to start? I'm going to buy the parts on black friday.. I'm planning to get all the parts on black friday but please guide me on what to buy? Recommended items? Thanks! Any build you guys could make for me thanks!
11 answers Last reply
More about building gaming computer dollars
  1. Here's a good example of what a $1400 build should be:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B SE2 37.9 CFM CPU Cooler ($54.98 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4 TH ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($192.86 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($37.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($88.98 @ Newegg)
    Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card ($444.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W 80 PLUS Silver Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1487.72
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-13 22:46 EST-0500)
  2. fill this out i will be more than glad to help you out

    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/353572-31-build-upgrade-advice
  3. Hi

    Now considering your budget here my suggestion: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nF5M CRAP!It's over budget but just ditch the ssd and your golden.
  4. g-unit1111 said:
    Here's a good example of what a $1400 build should be:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B SE2 37.9 CFM CPU Cooler ($54.98 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4 TH ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($192.86 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($37.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($88.98 @ Newegg)
    Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card ($444.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W 80 PLUS Silver Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1487.72
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-13 22:46 EST-0500)

    This is a good build but... it's $87 overbudget. :P
  5. boulbox said:
    fill this out i will be more than glad to help you out

    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/353572-31-build-upgrade-advice



    Approximate Purchase Date: Black Friday

    Budget Range: (1000-1400) Before Rebates; / After Shipping

    System Usage from Most to Least Important: (Home, gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies, Homework)

    Are you buying a monitor: No


    Do you need to buy OS: Yes
    Please note that if you're using an OEM license of Windows, you will need a new one when buying a new motherboard.

    Preferred Website(s) for Parts: (e.g.: newegg.com, ncix.com, really doesn't matter)

    Location: Stockton,CA United States

    Parts Preferences: Intel

    Overclocking: Maybe

    SLI or Crossfire: No

    Additional Comments: I would want a Windows 7 computer.. Also, i would be playing runescape, wizard101, minecraft, diablo III
  6. ^His maximum budget is $1400, so it's all good.
  7. bigcyco1 said:
    Hi

    Now considering your budget here my suggestion: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nF5M CRAP!It's over budget but just ditch the ssd and your golden.


    ditch the 7970 he is playing minor games. even getting a 7770 should be good enough but considering his budget getting a 256GB SSD + 7870 should work great
  8. excella1221 said:
    ^His maximum budget is $1400, so it's all good.
    oh o.k. good and if he wanted to save a little i don't think a 7950 would be a bad choice either ;)
  9. Here's my own revision/suggestion.

    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nFg4

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($169.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($26.55 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($79.56 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($38.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($189.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card ($444.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Rosewill BlackHawk ATX Mid Tower Case ($74.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($53.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($91.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1269.01
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-13 23:25 EST-0500)

    It would be best to get him the single most powerful GPU he can afford now, so he won't have trouble if ever or whenever he plays more graphics-demanding games. Seeing as he plays D3, it implies he like playing modern and newly released games.
  10. excella1221 said:
    This is a good build but... it's $87 overbudget. :P


    I figure the people spending $1400 on a gaming rig can afford to go +- $100 on their builds.
Ask a new question

Read More

Systems Product