Sign in with
Your question

Is nvidia 9500 GT DWM capable/compatable

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 18, 2012 2:30:40 AM

I ask this question because unless I disable windows desktop manager session manager (in msconfig) Nvidia driver will not load its graphics properly at each startup therefore google scetchup program will open but wont allow drawing etc unless you manually reload nvidia graphics driver at each logon
a c 87 U Graphics card
September 18, 2012 2:51:05 AM

I'm pretty sure that it should be compatible given that it has a DX10 GPU.
m
l
September 25, 2012 12:05:44 AM

thanks for your reply-yes I also beleive that it is compatble but problem is still with me. I have tried removing and reinstalling scetchup (free version) and the nvidia drivers many times but still no go
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
October 1, 2012 4:21:35 AM

That seems like the Nvidia drivers are causing issues. Where did you download them from and how did you install them?
m
l
October 1, 2012 9:39:50 PM

luciferano said:
That seems like the Nvidia drivers are causing issues. Where did you download them from and how did you install them?

Thanks for your reply. The downloads were given to me directly from Nvidia and I followed their instructions. They were quite helpfull in that they gave me several drivers to try but all downloaded OK and worked OK for the duration of the logon when they were downloaded. As soon as the PC is rebooted the problem starts ie I have to reinstall the Nvidia driver to get scetchup to work properly.
m
l
October 13, 2012 8:47:32 PM

thanks for your replies. God knows why but after all my efforts to rectify this problem it has solved itself. Have not touched it for a couple of weeks but suddenly it works correctly ? Can only guess it was some sort of auto update that did the trick
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
October 15, 2012 1:28:56 PM

Good luck avoiding future such problems later on ;) 
m
l
!