NEW BUILD

Ok so im gonna go with the intel i5 2500k cpu what graphics card fits well with this? and what is an affordable case with great airflow thanks for the help
10 answers Last reply
More about build
  1. I'm sorry, but why settle for something that's a generation behind when the 3570K is only about $10 away?

Also, please fill up this form so we can help you easier.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/353572-31-build-upgrade-advice
  2. i5-3570k is king!

NZXT Elite 210 or NZXT 220 both are affordable cases with USB 3.0 and decent air flow for only less than $55
  3. Might as well go for the 3570K.
  4. I agree. Step up to the newer cpu. There are lots of great cases out there. We need to know what you are going to do with the PC and how much you want to spend.
  5. Hey guys sorry about the not filling the form out cause I don't really know all the parts I want lol. Plus I picked the 2500k cause ive read great reviews on it and the sandy bridge doesn't get as hot as the ivy bridge I hear and it over clocks easily. Plus ill be using it mainly for gaming and don't have a set price but I don't wanna spend thousands of dollars lol anything really will be better than my Amd gaming rig right now lol
  6. Ivy Bridge has more new features, faster, and uses less power!

+ It's new tech!!
  7. You don't need to OC for gaming.
    Also, a 2500k OC'd @ 4.7GHz is the same as a 3570k OC'd @ 4.3-4.4GHz.
  8. Agree ^

You don't need OC if you just go for gaming. But if sometimes you need to overclock, the 3570k gives a better result. Just go for the 3570k, more features than the 2500k if you use the Z77 chipset motherboard.
  9. What are the better features
  10. Its a year newer. Why would you buy last year's model for $10 less? Also, Z68 motherboards are rising in price I think.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Graphics Cards Intel i5 New Build Systems