GPU: AMD Radeon 7850 HIS
Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V Pro
PSU: Rosewill Capstone Gold Rated 550W
Memory: 16GB G.Skill ares 1600mhz
Storage: M4 128GB SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
Case: CM HAF 932
Optical: Ihas-624B series chipset DVD RW 24x
Other: Customer LED's (Case is hella bright now lol :))

So since I already have a 7850 should I just buy another 7850? I can't sell it or return it. I've been considering a 670/680/7970 GPU, but it means I would take a 200$ loss on the GPU I already have which is only like a month old.

Recommendations please?

exia46

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
well i recomend evga cards. there strong and reliable, also can be fairly cheap. im running what i call a budget card and it runs old republic on high setting with perfect frame rates. unless your willing to just stick to radeon?

killerhurtalot

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2012
Or, third option:

Sell your GPU and then buy another GPU. (you can probably get about $150-170 for your graphics card.

I'd suggest 7970 ghz edition or 7950 or gtx 670... (depending on your budget)

I wouldn't recommend SLI/CFX since you'll pretty much have to wait for driver updates to actually support CFX with games...

sktittles

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
Not really in the mood to try and sell my GPU to someone else. Seems like it would just be to much of a hassle.

My monitor is 1080p, im buying it today i believe the resolution will be like 1920x1080, so idk if my GPU will be able to handle like BO2, BF3, and other games coming out on Max/Ultra settings?

Thats why im wondering if i should get a 670/680/7970???

I think the smart thing Sktittles is to wait and see how your performance with your 7850 is with your new monitor before jumping into buying a new card. If it is okay for now maybe when the next series of AMD cards or Nvidia cards come out you can make a jump at them but with your current card you have made a investment and hopefully it will carry you for the time being.

sktittles

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
Alright i'll hold off on the new card.

The reason I was thinking on buying a new card was for game like BO2, BF3, and other games coming out.

I have a 450$ GC to Amazon.com, but if my GPU can handle these tasks what else should I look into getting for my computer? Is there anything that will improve the performance or anything that would make it better?

Reference my first post for my build, all the components are about a month old. Not looking to get a second monitor/or a different cpu cooler or a different case, looking for things that will improve performance or that might just be nice to have kinda deal.

Any suggestions?

On the component level I think you are good. I'm not particularly fond of rosewill as a brand so maybe the power supply but that is me being really nit picky. I would just wait until something good comes out amazon may have really good black Friday/ cyber Monday sales so you may find a game or something you want then.