volcom4c

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2012
This isnt a new build but I did build it.
I just upgraded from an Asus P8z77V-LX and an i5 3550 to a Asus P8z77V and a i5 3570K.
Here's the deal...I REEEAALLY didn't want to reinstall Windows because have to salvage certain savegames, mods and settings for all my games and other programs, and I was thinking the components were so similar that I shouldn't have to.
So I uninstalled any drivers that were not put in place by windows, did the swap, rebooted, and installed drivers. Everything works for the most part, I do however have a set of USB 3.0 ports on the mobo not working, but the second pair of onboard 3.0 ports are working, reinstalled drivers and still the same, didn't know if its more likely my swap process or just bad hardware that could be causing it. And yes in device manager I have a yellow "!". I have a few other questions, but I'll let this ride for now.
You can check all my specs under more info under my pic.
Thanks a bunch guys/girls.

Did you install all of the drivers from the driver CD or from ASUSs site. I am sure they have different driver sets for each of those boards. I would have reinstalled Windows, yeah, it's a pain, but it is usually the way to go, especially if you change motherboards.

volcom4c

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2012

I did use the drivers from the CD but windows seemed to already have them installed for my CPU, and the only thing to do with the chipset in the drivers section was called a setup utility. Also there were 2 different USB 3.0 drivers. one from intel and the other from some company that starts with an "A", cant remember the name. Should I have installed both? Didnt know if it would cause a conflict. BTW, still running stable; still booting fast, and screaming through BF3 maxed out at 60+ fps on a full 64 player map.