Sign in with
Your question

QUAD 690 SLI

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 18, 2012 12:05:40 PM

Hello,

In Quad 690 SLI, I have two diplays. Must they both be connected to a single card?

More about : quad 690 sli

September 18, 2012 1:28:15 PM

ricardois said:
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/sli/system-r...

Select 690 Quad-SLI and check for better configurations from the cable setups

Thx, I had done that previously and still had problems, no matter what I did

My problem was finally solved (just minutes after I posted here) by deactivating ASUS ROG GPU TweakIt, now everything works fine, connected as the guide says. :) 
Related resources
September 18, 2012 2:18:02 PM

just curious - what are you running to warrant running two of those cards in SLI mode? 60" led surround? :o 
September 18, 2012 3:26:37 PM

I am an enthusiast, I like maxing settings out where possible :) 
September 18, 2012 3:36:39 PM

You should send me 1 of your nvida 690s and I bet you won't notice a difference with everyone maxed out on 2 screens. Its really silly to quadfire 690s you won't get half peformance out of 2nd 690 probably less.
September 18, 2012 3:38:16 PM

Ok, give me your adress, I'll send it right away.
September 18, 2012 3:50:09 PM

williamjuly2003 said:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/5805/nvidia-geforce-gtx-6...

look at those benchmarks and tell me you need a 2nd 690 2560x1600 Ultra settings on BF3 113 FPS

I am not here to argue with you, I just wanted to fix my problem, and it is fixed now :sol: 

That was all (I get the comments you made all the time, wherever I post my config, or wherever anyone else has a similiar config, they get a similar response followed with some links to benchmarks.)

Best Regards
September 18, 2012 4:36:30 PM

joqqy said:
I am not here to argue with you, I just wanted to fix my problem, and it is fixed now :sol: 

That was all (I get the comments you made all the time, wherever I post my config, or wherever anyone else has a similiar config, they get a similar response followed with some links to benchmarks.)

Best Regards

That config seems silly to me but if I had a large disposable income, I'd probably be doing similar things.
a c 81 Î Nvidia
September 18, 2012 4:57:54 PM

The only situation where this seems useful is a 3D Vision surround setup. Anyways, he doesn't care, so we shouldn't either.
September 18, 2012 6:57:19 PM

It's always good to be prepared for the future.
a b Î Nvidia
September 18, 2012 7:32:55 PM

h3x said:
It's always good to be prepared for the future.

i don't think that is a valid statement, computerwise speaking, because in the future you will have much cheaper options to go, and would be cheaper buying a solid computer now, and a solid computer later, than buying a ultra computer now that will probably be not so good on the future.

But omg 690 QUAD sli is NOW, if he got the money and thinks it worth it, it will, he will be able to play any game at maximum settings, including Antialiasing, and will also be able to run every benchmark out there with great results... it is not a Performance/Price solution, but it is an awesome modern gaming computer, and will last a some time longer than other settings.
September 18, 2012 7:46:27 PM

only time will tell how long this setup will be able to play the newest games at decent FPS - I'm guessing 4.5 years
a b Î Nvidia
September 19, 2012 11:59:40 AM

dingo07 said:
only time will tell how long this setup will be able to play the newest games at decent FPS - I'm guessing 4.5 years

Don't guess on something you don't have facts to comprove. that is how rumors are created.

The time can be less than 1 year, and could go more than decades. It will depend on how the hardware industry will change in that time.
September 19, 2012 12:05:02 PM

ricardois said:
Don't guess on something you don't have facts to comprove. that is how rumors are created.

The time can be less than 1 year, and could go more than decades. It will depend on how the hardware industry will change in that time.

STFU dude - go learn English and don't post stupid remarks that prove you don't know English
a b Î Nvidia
September 19, 2012 12:54:27 PM

dingo07 said:
just curious - what are you running to warrant running two of those cards in SLI mode? 60" led surround? :o 

By the way, 60", led and surround aren't itens that demand more graphical capabilities. the resolution is what will change that, not the screen size lol.
!