Does a DKU-2 data cable work on a 3100?

As the subject says does DKU-2 data cable work on my nokia 3100? a wanto
back up all my txt messages and numbers but not sure that i've give me the
right cable or not as i keep getting up 'usb device not recognized' and on
front of the box it says "n6230" (probably refering to a nokia 6230) tho i
was told that my nokia 3100 would work with a DKU-2 cable, also was told
that since my phone is 'broken beyond repair' (tho i found out when i got
home i still could receive and make calls) would that play any part for the
phone to connect to the pc as well
1 answer Last reply
More about does data cable work 3100

    "Smoggie" <the_one_called_smoggie(remove)@somentlworldisp.com> wrote in
    message news:Daqtd.373$TO3.146@newsfe5-win.ntli.net...
    > As the subject says does DKU-2 data cable work on my nokia 3100?

    No, it needs a DKU-5.

    --
    >>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
    >>> www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<