This just in.

Okay, so we know as of the new Quarterly that the Fair Folk in Exalted
are now called "the Raksha."

Right.

This just in from GCG: the place they live in is called Rakshastan.

No joke.
--
Stephenls
Geek

Wow. I don't care at all about Exalted and even I am astounded.

I thought Rebecca Borgstrom was better than that.

--
Tyler

u d e t o d r y s t a n o i d f t

"Stephenls" <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Okay, so we know as of the new Quarterly that the Fair Folk in Exalted
> are now called "the Raksha."
>
> Right.
>
> This just in from GCG: the place they live in is called Rakshastan.
>
> No joke.

But it sounds ridiculous!

> This just in from GCG: the place they live in is called Rakshastan.
>
> No joke.

Almost makes me want to whip out those solar order-affirming Charms to wipe
out Rakshastan. Obviously, such a place can not exist with Creation.

CB

Intelligroove wrote:

> Almost makes me want to whip out those solar order-affirming Charms to wipe
> out Rakshastan. Obviously, such a place can not exist with Creation.

It /doesn't/ exist within Creation. It's what they call the Wyld. Or,
rather, it's what they call the Wyld when they're referring to the Wyld
as the place they live.

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=116774&page=31&pp=10

And it wasn't Rebecca who decided to call it that. It was GCG.
--

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 10:20:13 +0200, "pikathulhu" <pikapika@thulhu.net>
wrote:

>"Stephenls" <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>> Okay, so we know as of the new Quarterly that the Fair Folk in Exalted
>> are now called "the Raksha."
>>
>> Right.
>>
>> This just in from GCG: the place they live in is called Rakshastan.
>>
>> No joke.
>
>But it sounds ridiculous!

Nonsense. It's that place right next to Canuckistan.

Hong "wants to play a Canuckistani in Exalted" Ooi
--
Hong Ooi | "Well, that about WANGER up the
hong@zipworld.com.au | WANGER of your WANGER, Hong.

"Hong Ooi" <hong@zipworld.com.au> wrote in message
> On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 10:20:13 +0200, "pikathulhu" <pikapika@thulhu.net>
> wrote:
>

> >"Stephenls" <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> >> Okay, so we know as of the new Quarterly that the Fair Folk in Exalted
> >> are now called "the Raksha."
> >>
> >> Right.
> >>
> >> This just in from GCG: the place they live in is called Rakshastan.
> >>
> >> No joke.
> >
> >But it sounds ridiculous!
>
> Nonsense. It's that place right next to Canuckistan.
>

> Hong "wants to play a Canuckistani in Exalted" Ooi

Odd. I got instant ideas for an Aberrant one-shot.

"Maple-syrrup Attack!"

*sblorch*

Stephenls wrote:
> "the Raksha." [...] the place they live in is called Rakshastan.

IIRC the "-stan" suffix comes from a word meaning "land" or "country" in
eastern europe, so it makes sense, doesn't it?

I don't hear any complaints about how lame it is that "Atlantic City" or
"New York City" ends with "City"...

What's wrong then?

--
Francois Gombault
GPG key: http://hopeless.homelinux.org:2080/~francois/gpg/08A1B422.asc

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 10:45:51 -0700, Stephenls <stephenls@shaw.ca>
wrote:
>And it wasn't Rebecca who decided to call it that. It was GCG.

I love it.
Was getting tired of "Fair folk are the wod Changeling", which is so
wrong...

(BTW, are you planning to make some updates to your marvelous
maps ?

Guillaume

: wrote:
:>And it wasn't Rebecca who decided to call it that. It was GCG.
: I love it.
: Was getting tired of "Fair folk are the wod Changeling", which is so
: wrong...

I just don't get it.

For GMs, the books quite clearly say what Fair Folk is all about. So,
unless the GM is completely illiterate, he should not get the
misconception of Fair Folk merrily laughing and dancing half-naked in
the forests.

On the other hand, if I had any players that had decided that that's how
the Fair Folk must be, being fair and folk and all, I'd jump for joy!
What better chance to toss happy, laughing and dancing Fair Folk at
them. I mean, of that kind that chains you up in dreams and illusions
and then commences eating away everything that is you. Smiling. I always
did like "Lords and Ladies" by Pratchet, too.

//T

smilinglord@hotmail.com (Hand-of-Omega) wrote in message news:<27420f11.0409080646.4a0b1fe@posting.google.com>...
> "pikathulhu" <pikapika@thulhu.net> wrote in message news:<chei86$nkb$1@ls219.htnet.hr>...
> > "Stephenls" <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> > > Okay, so we know as of the new Quarterly that the Fair Folk in Exalted
> > > are now called "the Raksha."
>
> <shrug> No problems...Why would anyone think they'd refer to
> *themselves* by what everyone else calls them? Esp. given the RL
> historical roots of "fair folk"...

Actually, it just occurred to me: Is this being interpreted to mean
that the Fair Folk will now be called "Raksha" by everyone, in every
instance? In effect, that the books will never use the term "fair
folk" again, in any capacity, even OOC? Well, if that's the case, then
this is a pretty bit retcon...

Dex,
still trying to figure the change from "Fey" to "Fae"...

Hand-of-Omega wrote:

> Actually, it just occurred to me: Is this being interpreted to mean
> that the Fair Folk will now be called "Raksha" by everyone, in every
> instance? In effect, that the books will never use the term "fair
> folk" again, in any capacity, even OOC? Well, if that's the case, then
> this is a pretty bit retcon...

No, it just means they'll call themselves Raksha.
--
Stephenls
Geek
"I'm as impure as the driven yellow snow." -Spike

TRENDING THREADS