Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Low performance HD7660g?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 18, 2012 10:53:43 PM

Ok, a month ago I had the AMD A8-3520M with HD6620G graphics(NO dual graphics) it played games like Battlefield Bad company 2, and GTA IV in native resolution with medium/high textures with no lag whats so ever, Graphics score was 5.9, and Gaming Graphics were 6.5 on the windows experience index. Now yesterday I received my new Toshiba with the new AMD A10-4600m and HD 7660g graphcs (NO dual graphics) and for some reason it plays games 20X worse than my old laptop with the AMD A8! The Graphics is 4.7(re-did the windows experience index now its 4.9?) and Gaming Graphics is 6.4?? I know there's something going on since my friend bought a laptop as well with the A10 hes getting 6.7 on Graphics and Gaming Graphics, and games do run a lot better(he doesn't have dual graphics as well just the HD 7660g).

I've been reading reviews on the A10-4600m all over, and yes everyone is achieving improved performance 6.7 over the A8 but not me? I'm currently downloadig a new driver, have high hopes, and tried to run the windows index in high performance but nothing happened, only my graphics went from 4.7 to 4.9....

I'm mad!! :cry:  because I sold my sold my previous laptop with the A8, and because it feels the A10 was a total downgrade!

Does anyone have a solution, or know whats going on? thanks!

Here are my current specs:
AMD A10-4600m 2.3Ghz -3.2Ghz
HD 7660g 512mb
4GB ddr3 1600 (old laptop had 6GB)
500GB hard drive
September 18, 2012 11:29:11 PM

I can't understand why you would "upgrade" from the A8 to a A10 with the same graphics card, what a waste of money.

It's likely your using an older driver or something or your new laptop has a different resolution.

Best solution

September 20, 2012 2:35:25 AM

I had a Toshiba A10 before and returned it. I had low performance as well because of driver issue.

The problem is that newest catalyst driver sometimes is not compatible with Toshiba laptop. The only way is to wait for toshiba to update its driver... which will take forever.

Get anything other than a toshiba if you have AMD hardware in it. I now have a Samsung A10 + 7670M and I love it.
Related resources
September 20, 2012 4:31:44 AM

Real_GM said:
I had a Toshiba A10 before and returned it. I had low performance as well because of driver issue.

The problem is that newest catalyst driver sometimes is not compatible with Toshiba laptop. The only way is to wait for toshiba to update its driver... which will take forever.

Get anything other than a toshiba if you have AMD hardware in it. I now have a Samsung A10 + 7670M and I love it.

Yea thats what I thought, Yesturday I uninstalled windows and reinstalled a fresh copy (I have a Widnows CD) and still nothing?, I mean windows itself it's still slow! I re-run the windows index socre and its a joke! graphics score varies from 4.7,4.8,4.9?? And I'm not done, toshiba DOESN'T even have drivers available for the usb's 3.0!! is this a joke lol, now I don't have working usb's.... Tomorrow ill be calling them to demand driver fixes, if not ill be taking your advice and returning it and getting an acer or HP..

I can't understand why you would "upgrade" from the A8 to a A10 with the same graphics card, what a waste of money. said:
I can't understand why you would "upgrade" from the A8 to a A10 with the same graphics card, what a waste of money.

I agree with you It is in fact a waste of money when it doesn't work the way it should, it doesn't bother me wasting a lot of cash on computers im a sucker for new technology :) 
September 21, 2012 4:14:23 AM

Best answer selected by Aztec_209.
September 21, 2012 4:15:58 AM

Problem fixed! installed the 12.8 display drivers and added 1GB more of ram :bounce: 
September 21, 2012 12:05:38 PM

=) 12.9 is coming out soon and it is suppose to be even better for the Trinity APUs
!