Newly upgraded system very slow to startup

mrbilalahmed

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
Hi all,

My previous system included an AsRock motherboard and AMD Athlon II x4 640 processor.

I have recently upgraded the processor to an Intel cor i5 3570 and the current motherboard is an AsRock H77 Pro4/MVP.
I have 8GB 1600mhz DDR3 corsair RAM, 500GB SATA II hard drive and a GeForce GTX 550 ti SC graphics card.

I am running windows 7 64bit as previously.

When i had the older system it took exactly a minute for me to be at the desktop and ready to use the computer.
After the upgrade this seems to have slowed down which is very weird. not i have to wait almost 2 minutes before i am able to use the computer.

I have disabled some of the unnecessary items from startup but still not much change.

Could somebody please advise?

Thanks.

mrbilalahmed

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012

I didnt reformat it but re-installed windows.
I then removed the "old.windows file from the drive"

Will formatting the hard drive speed up the system?

cutebeans

Distinguished

Yes.

make sure you have all the mb bios updates installed. the newer z77 and x68 mb have need of code for the new cpu and ram. in the bios make sure your ram running in xmp mode. in the bios make sure the sata ports are running in achi mode and you conencted the hard drive and cd-rom to the intel sata ports. in the bios make sure you set the hard drive as the first boot device and if you have a gpu it set as the first video device. also make sure quick boot is on. or fast boot if it in your bios. on new mb now there are two bios the older bios and newer efi bios. most people set the efi or the newer bios as the first main boot bios.