His 7850 icq x newly bought having display problem on first boot of the day

Hello,
i have bought my his 7850 icqx card 3 days ago..i was using 5770 before.and usind catalyst 12.4.
i sold 5570 and bought 7850..installed it

and my problem starts..its srange kind of problem...whenever i boot my pc for first time in day,it shows multy colored lines and dotted screen
no display just screen with colored dots..then i restart my pc and everything works fine....

i must tell, u these happens only when i boot my pc first time in a day...like after rest of 10 hour..then in whole day it works fine.then i shutdown it ,go to sleep and when i boot again same thing happens..i know its kind a strange problem but i m having its since last 3 days...dont know whatt to do...
is my gpu is faulty..?

my specs are
Gigabyte mobo ga 880gm
amd phenom 2- X4 965, 3.40 ghz
his icq x 2 gb ddr5 7850
windows 7 home perimium
and at present using catalyst 12.8

plese help guys...never had problem with my 5770....
lots of thanks in advance
10 answers Last reply
More about 7850 newly bought display problem boot
  1. Did you COMPLETELY uninstall all drivers before updating your drivers?
  2. no i havn't uninstall catalyst 12.4.just removed the old gpu and inserted new one..then i installed catalyst 12.8
  3. Djentleman said:
    Did you COMPLETELY uninstall all drivers before updating your drivers?

no i havn't uninstall catalyst 12.4.just removed the old gpu and inserted new one..then i installed catalyst 12.8
  4. docxxx said:
    no i havn't uninstall catalyst 12.4.just removed the old gpu and inserted new one..then i installed catalyst 12.8

This is most likely the cause of your problem.

You're going to want to go to.

Start>control panel>uninstall a program>click on Amd catalyst install manager>click uninstall ALL amd sofware>follow the steps>reboot>re-install 12.8

If this doesn't fix it, then it may be your card. But i HIGHLY doubt it if you didn't un-install your previous drivers.
  5. Djentleman said:
    This is most likely the cause of your problem.

You're going to want to go to.

Start>control panel>uninstall a program>click on Amd catalyst install manager>click uninstall ALL amd sofware>follow the steps>reboot>re-install 12.8

If this doesn't fix it, then it may be your card. But i HIGHLY doubt it if you didn't un-install your previous drivers.

thanx buddy i'll try what u said..then reply u whether my problem gone or not.but have to wait for some time as i told u it happens only after 5 to 6 hour of pc being shutdown.
    anyways thanx......
  6. Alright, i'll try to watch my email!
  7. Djentleman said:
    Alright, i'll try to watch my email!

i have tried as u told..but its not helping .again after 2 hour i booted my pc and same problem..on first boot screen show coloring lines and screen with colored dots...and i restart pc and everything ok......working fine...
    now what to do????
    any problem in mobo??or my gpu is faulty...???
  8. Well, if you did everything i said. Meaning - completely get rid of ALL your drivers.
    Then yes, it probably is the Gpu's fault...

Where did you buy it? Newegg i assume?
  9. Djentleman said:
    Well, if you did everything i said. Meaning - completely get rid of ALL your drivers.
    Then yes, it probably is the Gpu's fault...

Where did you buy it? Newegg i assume?

nope bought it from local retailer in my city...but no problem..i had returned my gpu..they will replace it & my new gpu will come within 3 days.....its great relief.. :wahoo:
    any ways thanx buddy for ur advice and support..........thanx a lot.....
  10. No problem man.

And if you're still have a problem, feel free to PM me. Or you could post another thread.

Hope it works!
    Peace!
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Boot Catalyst Graphics Displays