Exalted Revised

Last response: in Video Games
September 8, 2004 12:38:31 PM

What would you like to see in a revision of the Exalted Core Book?

Offhand:

Same cover, only metallic golden (oooh, shiny!^^)

Errata/PG corrections incorporated into text

Power Combat now the standard mode of combat

More detailed Setting info (including Stephenls maps!)

Even tho I've little use for it, I keep thinking the currency info
from M&C should be in there...

And, as long as I'm dreaming, full-color art!

Dex,
hoping we see at least something like this soon...^^

More about : exalted revised

Anonymous
September 9, 2004 2:53:34 AM

Hand-of-Omega <smilinglord@hotmail.com> wrote:
: What would you like to see in a revision of the Exalted Core Book?

: Offhand:

: Same cover, only metallic golden (oooh, shiny!^^)

No. Gold and shiny is fine, but I *hate* that illustration
of Harmonious Jade. If they must have her on the cover, the
version off of the most recent Exalted novel is much better.

: Errata/PG corrections incorporated into text

Hopefully that's a given.

: Power Combat now the standard mode of combat

Ditto.

: More detailed Setting info (including Stephenls maps!)

There's already a fair bit of setting info; I'm not
sure there needs to be more in the main book.

But Stephenls' maps would be the cool.

I'd also like a few more monsters in the base book.

: Dex,
: hoping we see at least something like this soon...^^

Sooner is better. The binding on my Exalted book
is disintegrating, and I don't want to rebuy the
same book if at all possible.

~P.
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 3:01:39 PM

"Hand-of-Omega" <smilinglord@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What would you like to see in a revision of the Exalted Core Book?
>
> Offhand:
>
> Same cover, only metallic golden (oooh, shiny!^^)

Metallic golden?! Ugh... I think white is just fine... but the illustration
does need a change... out of all the Exalted books, I think the Core Book
has the ugliest cover illustration -_-.

> Errata/PG corrections incorporated into text

I would hope so... and possibly even more changes to Solar Charm Trees, to
get Solars up to the level of the other Exalted (who at times kick so much
more ass) and over it.

> Power Combat now the standard mode of combat

That most likely will not happen (they clearly stated they wanted to keep
Power Combat optional, and new books will still resolve around the original
combat, with sidebars on Power Combat where needed). I wouldn't like to see
this myself either. Even though I use a lot of the Power Combat rules, they
are already in the Player's Guide. In the Core Rulebook I would like to keep
a set of the original rules.

> More detailed Setting info (including Stephenls maps!)

More detailed info setting is not needed, there are plenty of other books
that cover that (I mean, while you're at it, why not just ask to include
everything from every other Exalted book in it? :-p). However, the amount of
setting info in the original Core Rulebook should still be there, and should
be updated, because a lot of the info is out of date.

> Even tho I've little use for it, I keep thinking the currency info
> from M&C should be in there...

I didn't think it was very interesting, the currency info is quite good, but
the resources system stays flawed even with it. Yea, a revised resources
system is what I would like to see, the current one just does not work for
Exalted... Exalted need a possessions background, instead of a resources
background. It is nearly impossible for an Exalted who wants to do something
that matters to the world, to keep his resources up.

> And, as long as I'm dreaming, full-color art!

Would be cool... but I would have to say... dream on :-p.

> Dex,
> hoping we see at least something like this soon...^^

Don't expect it too soon though, I think they have planned a few other
releases before they will even think of releasing a new Core Rulebook. It
would still be too soon for a revision, as the system is quite young still
(even though I would have to agree that a revision is strongly needed!).
Anonymous
September 30, 2004 12:44:24 AM

"Niels van Tol" <n.a.m.vantol@student.utwente.nl> wrote in message news:<chp65v$o50$1@ares.cs.utwente.nl>...
> "Hand-of-Omega" <smilinglord@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > What would you like to see in a revision of the Exalted Core Book?
> >
> > Offhand:
> >
> > Same cover, only metallic golden (oooh, shiny!^^)
>
> Metallic golden?! Ugh... I think white is just fine... but the illustration
> does need a change... out of all the Exalted books, I think the Core Book
> has the ugliest cover illustration -_-.

Yeah, those beads ARE all over the place...^^

> > Errata/PG corrections incorporated into text
>
> > Power Combat now the standard mode of combat
>
> That most likely will not happen (they clearly stated they wanted to keep
> Power Combat optional, and new books will still resolve around the original
> combat, with sidebars on Power Combat where needed). I wouldn't like to see
> this myself either. Even though I use a lot of the Power Combat rules, they
> are already in the Player's Guide. In the Core Rulebook I would like to keep
> a set of the original rules.

Are there any you don't use? I like the fact that Exalted can now run
*very* quickly and leap around (just like in Giant Robo!^^) without
having to spend Essence or perform stunts...

> > More detailed Setting info (including Stephenls maps!)
>
> More detailed info setting is not needed, there are plenty of other books
> that cover that (I mean, while you're at it, why not just ask to include
> everything from every other Exalted book in it? :-p).

Believe me, I was tempted!^^

>However, the amount of
> setting info in the original Core Rulebook should still be there, and should
> be updated, because a lot of the info is out of date.

Well, I was looking at other gamelines' sourcebooks (specifically,
Eberron) and was amazed at how much background detail they were able
to include. Exalted should be able to do likewise...

> > Even tho I've little use for it, I keep thinking the currency info
> > from M&C should be in there...
>
> I didn't think it was very interesting, the currency info is quite good, but
> the resources system stays flawed even with it. Yea, a revised resources
> system is what I would like to see, the current one just does not work for
> Exalted... Exalted need a possessions background, instead of a resources
> background. It is nearly impossible for an Exalted who wants to do something
> that matters to the world, to keep his resources up.

I don't see that an Exalt with the appropriate Social abilities and
Charms, would have any trouble at all amassing the Wealth of
Kings...unless the ST deliberately tried to block him.

Could you explain "Possessions background" and how it would work,
please?

> > And, as long as I'm dreaming, full-color art!
>
> Would be cool... but I would have to say... dream on :-p.

And a fold-out gatefold map!^__^

Dex,
who also wants a pony!
!