Exalted Revised

What would you like to see in a revision of the Exalted Core Book?

Offhand:

Same cover, only metallic golden (oooh, shiny!^^)

Errata/PG corrections incorporated into text

Power Combat now the standard mode of combat

More detailed Setting info (including Stephenls maps!)

Even tho I've little use for it, I keep thinking the currency info
from M&C should be in there...

And, as long as I'm dreaming, full-color art!

Dex,
hoping we see at least something like this soon...^^
3 answers Last reply
More about exalted revised
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    Hand-of-Omega <smilinglord@hotmail.com> wrote:
    : What would you like to see in a revision of the Exalted Core Book?

    : Offhand:

    : Same cover, only metallic golden (oooh, shiny!^^)

    No. Gold and shiny is fine, but I *hate* that illustration
    of Harmonious Jade. If they must have her on the cover, the
    version off of the most recent Exalted novel is much better.

    : Errata/PG corrections incorporated into text

    Hopefully that's a given.

    : Power Combat now the standard mode of combat

    Ditto.

    : More detailed Setting info (including Stephenls maps!)

    There's already a fair bit of setting info; I'm not
    sure there needs to be more in the main book.

    But Stephenls' maps would be the cool.

    I'd also like a few more monsters in the base book.

    : Dex,
    : hoping we see at least something like this soon...^^

    Sooner is better. The binding on my Exalted book
    is disintegrating, and I don't want to rebuy the
    same book if at all possible.

    ~P.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    "Hand-of-Omega" <smilinglord@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > What would you like to see in a revision of the Exalted Core Book?
    >
    > Offhand:
    >
    > Same cover, only metallic golden (oooh, shiny!^^)

    Metallic golden?! Ugh... I think white is just fine... but the illustration
    does need a change... out of all the Exalted books, I think the Core Book
    has the ugliest cover illustration -_-.

    > Errata/PG corrections incorporated into text

    I would hope so... and possibly even more changes to Solar Charm Trees, to
    get Solars up to the level of the other Exalted (who at times kick so much
    more ass) and over it.

    > Power Combat now the standard mode of combat

    That most likely will not happen (they clearly stated they wanted to keep
    Power Combat optional, and new books will still resolve around the original
    combat, with sidebars on Power Combat where needed). I wouldn't like to see
    this myself either. Even though I use a lot of the Power Combat rules, they
    are already in the Player's Guide. In the Core Rulebook I would like to keep
    a set of the original rules.

    > More detailed Setting info (including Stephenls maps!)

    More detailed info setting is not needed, there are plenty of other books
    that cover that (I mean, while you're at it, why not just ask to include
    everything from every other Exalted book in it? :-p). However, the amount of
    setting info in the original Core Rulebook should still be there, and should
    be updated, because a lot of the info is out of date.

    > Even tho I've little use for it, I keep thinking the currency info
    > from M&C should be in there...

    I didn't think it was very interesting, the currency info is quite good, but
    the resources system stays flawed even with it. Yea, a revised resources
    system is what I would like to see, the current one just does not work for
    Exalted... Exalted need a possessions background, instead of a resources
    background. It is nearly impossible for an Exalted who wants to do something
    that matters to the world, to keep his resources up.

    > And, as long as I'm dreaming, full-color art!

    Would be cool... but I would have to say... dream on :-p.

    > Dex,
    > hoping we see at least something like this soon...^^

    Don't expect it too soon though, I think they have planned a few other
    releases before they will even think of releasing a new Core Rulebook. It
    would still be too soon for a revision, as the system is quite young still
    (even though I would have to agree that a revision is strongly needed!).
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    "Niels van Tol" <n.a.m.vantol@student.utwente.nl> wrote in message news:<chp65v$o50$1@ares.cs.utwente.nl>...
    > "Hand-of-Omega" <smilinglord@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > What would you like to see in a revision of the Exalted Core Book?
    > >
    > > Offhand:
    > >
    > > Same cover, only metallic golden (oooh, shiny!^^)
    >
    > Metallic golden?! Ugh... I think white is just fine... but the illustration
    > does need a change... out of all the Exalted books, I think the Core Book
    > has the ugliest cover illustration -_-.

    Yeah, those beads ARE all over the place...^^

    > > Errata/PG corrections incorporated into text
    >
    > > Power Combat now the standard mode of combat
    >
    > That most likely will not happen (they clearly stated they wanted to keep
    > Power Combat optional, and new books will still resolve around the original
    > combat, with sidebars on Power Combat where needed). I wouldn't like to see
    > this myself either. Even though I use a lot of the Power Combat rules, they
    > are already in the Player's Guide. In the Core Rulebook I would like to keep
    > a set of the original rules.

    Are there any you don't use? I like the fact that Exalted can now run
    *very* quickly and leap around (just like in Giant Robo!^^) without
    having to spend Essence or perform stunts...

    > > More detailed Setting info (including Stephenls maps!)
    >
    > More detailed info setting is not needed, there are plenty of other books
    > that cover that (I mean, while you're at it, why not just ask to include
    > everything from every other Exalted book in it? :-p).

    Believe me, I was tempted!^^

    >However, the amount of
    > setting info in the original Core Rulebook should still be there, and should
    > be updated, because a lot of the info is out of date.

    Well, I was looking at other gamelines' sourcebooks (specifically,
    Eberron) and was amazed at how much background detail they were able
    to include. Exalted should be able to do likewise...

    > > Even tho I've little use for it, I keep thinking the currency info
    > > from M&C should be in there...
    >
    > I didn't think it was very interesting, the currency info is quite good, but
    > the resources system stays flawed even with it. Yea, a revised resources
    > system is what I would like to see, the current one just does not work for
    > Exalted... Exalted need a possessions background, instead of a resources
    > background. It is nearly impossible for an Exalted who wants to do something
    > that matters to the world, to keep his resources up.

    I don't see that an Exalt with the appropriate Social abilities and
    Charms, would have any trouble at all amassing the Wealth of
    Kings...unless the ST deliberately tried to block him.

    Could you explain "Possessions background" and how it would work,
    please?

    > > And, as long as I'm dreaming, full-color art!
    >
    > Would be cool... but I would have to say... dream on :-p.

    And a fold-out gatefold map!^__^

    Dex,
    who also wants a pony!

Video Games