Closed Solved

Strange display problem with new his 7850

Hello,
i have bought my His 7850 icqx card 2 days ago..i was using 5770 before.and using catalyst 12.4.
i sold 5770 and bought 7850..installed it

and my problem starts..its strange kind of problem...whenever i boot my pc for first time in day,it shows multy colored lines and dotted screen
no display just screen with colored dots..then i restart my pc and everything works fine....even no problem while gaming..played crysis on maxed out setting..no prob,getin 30 fps on all maxed out

i must tell, u these happens only when i boot my pc first time in a day...like after rest of 3 to 4 hour..then in whole day it works fine.then i shutdown it ,go to sleep and when i boot again same thing happens..i know its kind a strange problem but i m having its since last 2 days...don't know what to do...
is my gpu is faulty..?

my specs are
Gigabyte mobo ga 880gm
amd phenom 2- X4 965, 3.40 ghz
his icq x 2 gb ddr5 7850
windows 7 home perimium
and at present using catalyst 12.8

please help guys...never had problem with my 5770....
lots of thanks in advance
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about strange display problem 7850
  1. Very strange. Install GPU-z and check your card temperatures, voltages and clocks to see if anything looks wrong.
  2. Herr_Koos said:
    Very strange. Install GPU-z and check your card temperatures, voltages and clocks to see if anything looks wrong.

nothing wrong.... :ouch:
    temp is 37 degree with 21% fan speed without any activity at vddc 0.825
    and with crysis running on max setting it shows 99 % gpu activity with temp 57 with 45 % fan speed at vddc 1.075..
    is it acceptable????
    is ther problem in gpu?? or any prob with my mobo..?
    its gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H with bios ver F8...
  3. All looks fine.

Does the problem occur if you use sleep or hibernate instead of shutting down?
  4. Best answer
    By the way, I did some more digging and found similar problems to yours:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=705719

It does seem to point towards a faulty GPU. You should probably return it while it is still under warranty.
  5. Herr_Koos said:
    All looks fine.

Does the problem occur if you use sleep or hibernate instead of shutting down?

haven't tried yet but it only happens when i boot pc after being shutdown for more then 1 to 2 hour....then i boot it..it shows lines and immediately i restart pc..then it works fine..
  6. So it's a cold start problem then. Most search results I found indicate a faulty card under such circumstances.
  7. I totaly agree with Herr_Koos if you bought it just 2 days ago it should be easy to return it back and get a new one ,, even if you aren't very sure about the issue
  8. Best answer selected by docxxx.
  9. Herr_Koos said:
    So it's a cold start problem then. Most search results I found indicate a faulty card under such circumstances.

thanx Herr_Koos.. i agree with you guys...i have returned my card ...will get brand new within 3 days...its a relief :sol:

thank you so much for ur advice & support...thanx a lot... :)
  10. Glad to be of service. :-). Be sure to let us know how it turns out; your post may be of use to other people with the same problem.
  11. Herr_Koos said:
    Glad to be of service. :-). Be sure to let us know how it turns out; your post may be of use to other people with the same problem.

sure will tell u when my new gpu will arrive..... :wahoo:
  12. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Displays