Sign in with
Your question

Advice about a triple monitor gaming setup

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 19, 2012 11:40:41 AM

Hi I have recently decided to go to a triple display monitor gaming setup. I have never done this before so I am asking for some advice on what Graphics to get. If possible I would prefer to keep it to a single card but I will buy multiple cards if required. My budget for the cards is around £400. Around the price of a 680. However if required I can go up to £500.

1st question Nvidia or AMD? My monitors will all be the exact same and will share the same 1080p resolution so I can use Nvidia Surround.

2nd question 1 card or multiple cards? I ask this because I have seen some reviews of most triple-monitor's recommending a SLI or Crossfire setup. I do not mind if I can't play on the maximum graphics options so I don't need to be able to play BF3 or Crysis 2 Ultra at 60FPS+ constant.

I am not going to be getting the monitors until the next generation of cards is out so I wanted to ask you guys which setups are generally better so I can make a good decision when I decide to go triple monitor.

Thanks in advance for replies
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
September 19, 2012 11:57:46 AM

Here's the card you want - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Demon93 said:
...I am not going to be getting the monitors until the next generation of cards is out so I wanted to ask you guys which setups are generally better so I can make a good decision when I decide to go triple monitor...

There's absolutely no point in asking now if you're gonna wait for next gen!!! You're gonna want one that is not out yet!
a c 86 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
September 19, 2012 12:19:42 PM

Demon93 said:
...which setups are generally better...

that changes on gen to gen bases, so come back when the next gen launches.. :D 

HD8000 series should launch really late this year or very early q1 2013 if we believe the rumours (and why wouldn't we?)
!