Advice about a triple monitor gaming setup

Hi I have recently decided to go to a triple display monitor gaming setup. I have never done this before so I am asking for some advice on what Graphics to get. If possible I would prefer to keep it to a single card but I will buy multiple cards if required. My budget for the cards is around £400. Around the price of a 680. However if required I can go up to £500.

1st question Nvidia or AMD? My monitors will all be the exact same and will share the same 1080p resolution so I can use Nvidia Surround.

2nd question 1 card or multiple cards? I ask this because I have seen some reviews of most triple-monitor's recommending a SLI or Crossfire setup. I do not mind if I can't play on the maximum graphics options so I don't need to be able to play BF3 or Crysis 2 Ultra at 60FPS+ constant.

I am not going to be getting the monitors until the next generation of cards is out so I wanted to ask you guys which setups are generally better so I can make a good decision when I decide to go triple monitor.

Thanks in advance for replies
2 answers Last reply
More about advice triple monitor gaming setup
  1. Here's the card you want - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130781

Demon93 said:
    ...I am not going to be getting the monitors until the next generation of cards is out so I wanted to ask you guys which setups are generally better so I can make a good decision when I decide to go triple monitor...

There's absolutely no point in asking now if you're gonna wait for next gen!!! You're gonna want one that is not out yet!
  2. Demon93 said:
    ...which setups are generally better...

that changes on gen to gen bases, so come back when the next gen launches.. :D

HD8000 series should launch really late this year or very early q1 2013 if we believe the rumours (and why wouldn't we?)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gaming Monitors Graphics Product