[Exalted] Reproduction in the Second Age

[warning: potentially sensitive/offensive ideas herein]

Reading the Player's Guide, it seems that instances of supernatural
rape seem to be fairly common in the 2nd Age. Given this, I would
think that some form of abortion would exist to deal with unwanted
pregnancies. The cornucopia of drugs from the Far East should make
this viable; in fact, I would think that the Guild would be all over
this market! Yet Manacle & Coin makes no mention of such a thing...

So, let's say a peasant girl finds herself with unwanted child. Maybe
she was ravished by a hobgoblin or seduced by a superhumanly
persuasive Fairie lord; maybe she had a forgotten tryst with a
Sidereal or didn't think anything would come of frollicking in that
mysterious shower of gold. But she wants to get rid of it, so she goes
to the local Shaman (if in a village) or Savant (if in a metropolis).
Now, what does the Thaumaturge need to do the job? Occult 2 or 3?
Medicine...4? Presumably, the difficulty would be higher, which may
account for why this might not be done alot more...

This could lead to an interesting chronicle where the PCs must secure
the proper ingredients/tools to help get rid of the prophesied child
of a Third-Circle Demon Lord before it's born to wreak havoc into
Creation...

Dex,
also wondering what spheres a mage would need to do the same...

In the borning days of the third millennium, Hand-of-Omega wrote:

>Dex,
>also wondering what spheres a mage would need to do the same...

Life 2 if you are the pregnant one, Life 3 otherwise. Simply alter the womb
to reject the fetus.

--
Brian Merchant (remove 'remove' and 'example' from email)

Puritanism didn't keep the puritans from sinning, it just kept
them from enjoying it.
--Father Joe Breighner
Country Roads

"Hand-of-Omega" <smilinglord@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [warning: potentially sensitive/offensive ideas herein]
>
> Reading the Player's Guide, it seems that instances of supernatural
> rape seem to be fairly common in the 2nd Age. Given this, I would
> think that some form of abortion would exist to deal with unwanted
> pregnancies. The cornucopia of drugs from the Far East should make
> this viable; in fact, I would think that the Guild would be all over
> this market! Yet Manacle & Coin makes no mention of such a thing...
>
> So, let's say a peasant girl finds herself with unwanted child. Maybe
> she was ravished by a hobgoblin or seduced by a superhumanly
> persuasive Fairie lord; maybe she had a forgotten tryst with a
> Sidereal or didn't think anything would come of frollicking in that
> mysterious shower of gold. But she wants to get rid of it, so she goes
> to the local Shaman (if in a village) or Savant (if in a metropolis).
> Now, what does the Thaumaturge need to do the job? Occult 2 or 3?
> Medicine...4? Presumably, the difficulty would be higher, which may
> account for why this might not be done alot more...

Or, just buy a good amount of Maiden's tea. In addition to making a woman
effectively sterile for a period of time, or permanently, Maiden's tea can
be used to abort pregancies, if memory serves correctly. Maiden's tea
probably occurs in the wild, and is used in herbal broths by medicine people
of various stripes.

CB

"Intelligroove" <kaiu_keiichi@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<2q9tivFsh50mU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> "Hand-of-Omega" <smilinglord@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > So, let's say a peasant girl finds herself with unwanted child. Maybe
> > she was ravished by a hobgoblin or seduced by a superhumanly
> > persuasive Fairie lord; maybe she had a forgotten tryst with a
> > Sidereal or didn't think anything would come of frollicking in that
> > mysterious shower of gold. But she wants to get rid of it, so she goes
> > to the local Shaman (if in a village) or Savant (if in a metropolis).
> > Now, what does the Thaumaturge need to do the job? Occult 2 or 3?
> > Medicine...4? Presumably, the difficulty would be higher, which may
> > account for why this might not be done alot more...
>
> Or, just buy a good amount of Maiden's tea. In addition to making a woman
> effectively sterile for a period of time, or permanently, Maiden's tea can
> be used to abort pregancies, if memory serves correctly. Maiden's tea
> probably occurs in the wild, and is used in herbal broths by medicine people
> of various stripes.

I actually didn't remember that, but there it is. I do note that it
seems to be a very dangerous way of inducing abortion, by overdosing
it and taking unsoakable bashing damage (an Exalted could probably
soak this). But I could still see a supernatural pregnancy resisting
such a nonsupernatural solution. Maybe Wyld-mutated drugs would be
needed...

Dex